Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cocoa beach

Florida Chatterbox

cocoa beach

whats the beach like.we are planning on going to one and this seems to be pretty nice looking...

thanks

jaff and family
    paul and fiona

There are miles and miles of beaches which are almost deserted so we enjoy Cocoa Beach without the crowds.

Sandra

We love this beach, especially as it's so near to Ron Jons Surf Shack. Mr M likes to go there for Quicksilver Shirts and jeans, they do really nice shorts and T Shirts to. Then its usually off to the end of the pier to the Tiki bar for a nice cold beer. Excellent spot to watch any launch from Kennedy.

Florida Chatterbox
    is it easy to get to? do you go over the bridges as i seen them on my tom tom...??
    paul and fiona

Florida Savvy
    Hi, Cocoa beach was great,not as busy as Daytona.Parking was pretty easy too.Although we did miss the turn off to Orlando on the way back and ended going the long way round via Merritt Island.There is a site that has several live beach view web cams but I dont think Iam allowed to put the site in this reply.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Jaff, it's very easy to get to...You just follow the Beachline used to be the Beeline toll road and yes you do go over some bridges. You also pass the port and you may see a big cruise ship.

We went further down than the Ron Jons Surf shop to park, it was the Lori Wilson Park, there are a couple of showers and a toilet block there.

Here is the address for you

LORI WILSON PARK
    Located at 1500 N. Atlantic Ave.
    This 32.5-acre, oceanfront park is operated by Brevard County and has seasonal lifeguards. Facilities include restrooms, three pavilions along a 1,000' boardwalk, six dune crossovers, maritime hammock, volleyball court, a playground, barbecue grills, and a 274-space parking lot conveniently located on both the north and south sides of the park. Seasonal lifeguards on duty.

Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

Florida Expert
    We were going to go to Cocoa Beach on the day of the space shuttle launch as we really love playing in the surf on body boards. But when we went to Ron Jons to stack up on clothes (spent $550 there and that was tax free week and using a 10% discount voucher!)we got stopped by a chap offering a timeshare tour of the Ron Jon Resort just along from Cocoa Beach. We could use their facilities (free parking, swim pool, waterslide, minigolf and private beach) for the rest of the day after the 2 hour tour and got a free lunch so decided it was worth it.
    All the other beaches you could see were jam packed for the launch so it was really pleasant on the private beach.
    We managed to resist the timeshare (they said they wouldnt be pushy but they still were) as we calculated we could stay in a villa for cheaper than the maintenance and club fees that were payable for the week that we 'owned'! Also in a villa we wouldnt have to share the pool and could go in it whatever time we fancied (we like swimming at midnight when its still warm!).
    The beach was nice though.
    We do like Cocoa Beach, there is a diner there that my husband raves about and the surfing is great.

Florida Savvy
    cocoa beach is great, but if you want to get away from the crowds go where we do! If you head down the road through the town and as far as the Airforce base, you'll find great surf, big car park, lovely wide sandy beach and very few other people!
    But, don't forget Ron Jon has a shop in the new Mall next to Belz, so there's no need to drive that distance just for shopping!

Florida Expert
    Our family love Cocoa Beach ,we like to travel down in the afternoon and enjoy the evening there . Its too hot midday for us at the beach (thats July). Its just a nice drive down from Orlando and not too much "are we there yet ?"We usually end up at the Lori Wilson Park as Lynne has said it has great facilities for us daytrippers .
    Olive

Gold 5 Star Member
    we had a great day at cocoa beach, if you're brave try the parasailing for a fab view [msnwink] (dm me if you want the link)
    and i can recommend rustys seafood shack they have a huge seafood buffet that looked great which rather sadly i had to pass on, the parasailing had me nervous[msnscared]