Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tips for Celebration visit

Laura

You could do no better than have them visit Sherlocks of Celebration. It's an olde english tea shoppe, perfect for that afternoon tea or evening glass of wine.
    John
     Sent from my iMac

Florida Chatterbox
    Celebration is a great place to visit, Mount Dora is also worth a visit it is a lovely American town with some nice shops and cafes.It takes about 50 mins to an hour to get there but definatley worth a visit.

Debbie & Neil
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2016.aspx

Take them to the Villages
    Over 55 community Nice shops & resturants Dancing & singing in the square every night from 5pm-9.30pm Its a great afrernoon out

Florida Chatterbox
    Carol

Where is the Villages? Is that part of celebration?

Laura

Hi Laura
    The area is called Spanish springs Its on the us27 north of Clermont
    Our villa is on Glenbrook & it takes us an hour You cant miss it Theres a big bridge with VILLAGES written across it turn left at the bridge Great place for an afernoon & evening out
    Carol

Florida Chatterbox
    I have been to celebration a few times, but must admit that I find it hard to find anywhere to park.

Maybe I am looking in the wrong place [msnembarrased][msnembarrased][msnembarrased]

Does anyone have a map of where the car parks/shops etc are?
    Caz

Gold 5 Star Member
    Parking's got a bit more difficult recently because they've used some of the car parking to build some condos.

You can park in most of the streets (make sure you're facing the way of the traffic) and it's just an interesting walk to the shops and lakefront. If you're really lucky and don't go at busy times, there's also parking directly in front of the lake.
    blott

We have been going everyday in the past week and always found a space on the main street with no problems at all, and it was at lunch time when it is busy[msnsmile2]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by appinlad
    Laura

You could do no better than have them visit Sherlocks of Celebration. It's an olde english tea shoppe, perfect for that afternoon tea or evening glass of wine.
    [/quote]

we enjoyed Sherlocks too, lovely if you like your desserts

i had fresh still warm out of the oven scones with jam and cream[msntongue] and terrible two had this chocolate peanut butter cup cake

the staff where lovely with my son they went through all the cakes in the dessert cabinet with him before he made the monumentous decision of "which one?"

Gold 5 Star Member
    Try this for a great walk. At the rear of the lake ie not the side where the shops are, there is a little path leading into the conservation ( just about opposite the hotel) Take this and you come out at Lake Evelyn. Walk around the lake and straight on down another little path and you come out at the long thin lake that is parallel to Eastlawn or millionaires row. Walk to the end down the path taking in the incredible wildlife and the back views of the millionaires mansions then back track up Eastlawn to see the front of the homes. At the end of Eastlawn turn right onto Celbration Ave and back to town.
    Have lunch in Market St cafe, afternoon tea in Sherlocks or dinner in Antonios and then walk it off!!
    Julie