Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not worth the visit

Florida Newbie

not worth the visit

this was our first visit to gatorland and we were all very dissappointed. i personally thought that it was cruel to some of the larger animals, like the bear being enclosed in a small cage, the poor thing was just rocking backwards and forwards.
    not recommended, not even for a 1/2 day visit.

[msnsad]

thanks for that, i would be upset to see a bear rocking in a small cage! i dont like seeing the tigers all drowsy just by the old town area where the 2 fast cars are........
    Liesa

We have not been for a while and they had a large fire so do not know if it afected all the animal cages I also would not want to see the bears in a small cage .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    They had a big fire last year so do not know what it is like now.

We first visited about 20 years ago and it was worth a visit then, not been back since though as it is one of those places you only need to go to once. They had a little bear there then I wonder if it is now the big bear?
    CDV

I visited Gatorland in February (we hadn't been for about 16 years) and we really enjoyed it, the wildlife was amazing http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_37231.asp

It was a really gentle way to spend an afternoon. I was also a bit concerned about the bear, but I seem to remember that the notice said he was a hand reared rescue bear and that they gave him various things to do to keep him amused
    Shirley

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[this was our first visit to gatorland and we were all very dissappointed. i personally thought that it was cruel to some of the larger animals, like the bear being enclosed in a small cage, the poor thing was just rocking backwards and forwards.
    not recommended, not even for a 1/2 day visit.
    /quote]

and we really enjoyed it, the wildlife was amazing
    Wildlife?

Personally I fail to see what is so different to the polar bears in SeaWorld, or the manatees etc cooped up in a tiny pen(oh yes they are rescued manatees) Or performing whales.

A Zoo is a Zoo is a Zoo - an outdated concept!

We have visited Gatorland many times and have always enjoyed our time there. They have a strong conservationist attitude and seem to me to take a very responsible and caring attitude.

I agree the bear looks very sad, but if you read the history of this particular bear you will soon see that it is far better off here than it was previously.

I agree it can't replicate the wild and of course some people will love it and others will hate it - it wouldn't do if we were all the same.

I always have and will continue to recommend it to others but people can visit the website beforehand and find out whether it's for them or not before they visit.

Dianna
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2061.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:and we really enjoyed it, the wildlife was amazing [/quote]

Wildlife?

[/quote]

When we took the stroll round the lake, we saw so many different sorts of birds, butterflies, fish and insects. It must be a good place to go and see them as there were so many professional photographers there. Not the same as paddling through the everglades maybe [msneek]
    Shirley

We have never been to Gator Land but would you think it would be worth a visit later on in the year perhaps and not when it is so hot as we have it on our to do list?
    Stuart & Linda

http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3209.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    That's a brave soul Shirley that paddles through the Everglades[msnoo]
    CDV