Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Southern Dunes

Florida Newbie

Southern Dunes

Hello everyone, I am seriously thinking about booking a villa for next september on Southern Dunes. Is this a good base for our holiday or is it a little too far out?

Gold 5 Star Member
    Southern Dunes is a beautiful community, although I could be accused of bias here!!

We have never found it too far out from anything we have wanted to do!

There are shops, including a 24 hour WalMart superstore just outside the community gates and several good family restaurants within 5 minutes drive, including the very popular Manny's Chophouse.

Eagle Ridge Mall is a pleasant shopping experience as it is less busy than Florida Mall, but still has big name stores like Sears, JC Penney and Dillards.

The on site clubhouse restaurant is also a great place for breakfast or lunch, although they do not currently do evening meals. The Sunday breakfast buffet is great!
    Christine

Florida Savvy
    My family love Southern Dunes,we have stayed on other communities over the years but for the past 3 yrs have rented at Southern Dunes. It may seem a bit further away from the theme parks but it has great facilities.We don't play golf but I believe thecourse is excellent,the club house is worth a visit[beer]Also there are many stores and supermarkets within a few minutes drive.The huge Walmart is a short walk.I would highly recommend renting on Southern Dunes[msnsmile2]

Not sure whether you were aware Christine, The club house is now open on Friday evenings between 5-8pm for Happy Hour and they are serving food between these hours.

Janice
    Janice
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1829.aspx

Florida Savvy
    We have always found the 24 hr Walmart right outside the gated entrance to be ideally located, especially on arrival after long flights and drives.

The golf course and club house are excellent, we always have our Sunday lunch there.

Tampa and Sanford Airports are about the same distance from Southern Dunes, and we always seem to get better deals on flights to Tampa.

Whichever community you choose I'm sure you will have a great time.

JR

We are a little biased, but love being a little away from the tourist areas. It is a very friendly community with everything we need on the doorstep, but still pretty close to the parks
    Shirley

Florida Chatterbox
    I would agree we are also biased, but havingsat in traffic on both the 192 and international drive over the last 2 days, we even prefer the easy drive in to Disney etc from the US27.
    Steve
    www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-748.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kokomo
    Not sure whether you were aware Christine, The club house is now open on Friday evenings between 5-8pm for Happy Hour and they are serving food between these hours.

Janice
    [/quote]

I had heard a rumour, but didn't like to post the information in case it wasn't accurate!
    Will be checking it out for myself next month - might even have a glass of wine (or two) with my meal as I can walk home from there!![clap][clap]
    Christine

I am biased but think that Southern Dunes is perfect. Not all that far to the parks and very peaceful and clean when you return. Shope are very handy and the famous Mannys is just on the door step.
    Lynne

Super Moderator
    Like other owners on Southern Dunes we are also biased in its favour.

We have a guest book and no one has written that they find it too far out but we do have had comments saying how nice it is and how they have enjoyed being able to walk to Walmarts.