Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great shopping deals 3 Aug - 13 Aug

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.

Great shopping deals 3 Aug - 13 Aug

<span style="color:red">OOps silly me put July and it should be augustIf </span id="red"> anyone is out at the moment.

We have some great shopping deals on clothes.

I worked out I saved over $300 on purchases I made in Macy's yesterday.

My purchases should have come to just under $884 and actually paid $581

How did I do this?

Well first off I got the international discount card from Macy's which saves non US guests 11%. just show them your passport.

Then most of the clothes I picked up had either 30/40 or 50% off anyway, and then all this week with the school tax break I saves a further 6.5% on top.

Well worth another trip.
    CERI

Florida Expert
    OOOOooooo ! Ceri you shopperholic! [msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Just like the Welsh to get a good bargin [msnwink][msnwink]
    Linda

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Not just a Welsh trait Linda, I saved an absolute fortune whenI did the boxing Day sales last year. Not touched it since so this Xmas it will be like I have just bought it[xmas2]

The Macy's discount card is well worth it.
    CDV

Florida Chatterbox
    I've been using this discount card for some years now when it used to be Burdines. It's great to look at the price tag and know that after you've worked out the price in £'s it will be even more of a bargain as it will be slightly less.

Unfortunately since Macy's took Burdines over the bedding department has shrunk (Florida Mall) they used to stock pillows in all varities depending on the way you prefer to sleep. Last time I bought some there they were Tommy Hilfiger, very cheap but they haven't lasted so this November I will be looking for some more.

I found that Beals Outlet had some good pillows and by shopping on a Monday managed to get a discount of 15%. Each time I shop there I have a frequent shopper card which get clipped for each $10 I spend. Once full you get a further 20% off.

They also have clearance racks, clothes are marked with different coloured dots ranging from 20% upto 95%. There are quite a lot of these stores around, one on marker 13 and corner of Oak Street and Michigan on 192. These two are fairly packed with racks of clothes so you need to be a dedicated bargain hunter to begin searching. I found a better store on the OBT near to Albertson's, this wasn't so crammed so might be a better one to start with for the uninitiated.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Seems like you got some good bargains.
    Do any other shops offer International discount cards?
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Florida Expert
    My husband saved a fortune in Macys during the fourth of July sales ,he dressed himself for the year ahead ,and with very little hassle too .The discount card is a great idea .We are off to a wedding in Chicago next week and I have already checked out the best shopping areas and on top of the list Macys,but unfortunately we will miss the school tax break. Pity my husband he thinks there is no shopping on this trip but old habits die hard .
    Olive

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CERICROWLEY
    <span style="color:red">OOps silly me put July and it should be augustIf </span id="red"> anyone is out at the moment.

We have some great shopping deals on clothes.

I worked out I saved over $300 on purchases I made in Macy's yesterday.

My purchases should have come to just under $884 and actually paid $581

How did I do this?

Well first off I got the international discount card from Macy's which saves non US guests 11%. just show them your passport.

Then most of the clothes I picked up had either 30/40 or 50% off anyway, and then all this week with the school tax break I saves a further 6.5% on top.

Well worth another trip.
    [/quote]

I assume you are leaving most of your purchases in your owner's closet, Ceri! [msnwink]

Carole

Gold 5 Star Member jackie greaves's Avatar
    We arrive in 11 days time. Do you know if the sales will still be on Ceri?

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Carole

We always bring about half back, and leave healf, so that I have new stuff to wear the next time we are out.

Jackie

You will the tax free week unfortunately as it finishes tomorrow. It was done for the florida kids going back to school on the 20th August
    CERI

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CERICROWLEY
    Carole

We always bring about half back, and leave healf, so that I have new stuff to wear the next time we are out.

Jackie

You will the tax free week unfortunately as it finishes tomorrow. It was done for the florida kids going back to school on the 20th August
    [/quote]
    I was thinking of the cutoms limit Ceri........you never know who's reading this forum [msnwink]

Carole