Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Virgin seat allocation

Florida Savvy

Virgin seat allocation

When we booked our flight out to San Francisco and back from Las Vegas back in January we picked our seats online under Manage your flights.
    Today I've checked them as we are flying next Tuesday and got the following Message:

London to San Francisco, Tue 14 Aug, 11:00
    We're sorry. The seat map is not available at this time. Your seats will be assigned at check in.

Las Vegas to London, Wed 29 Aug, 16:05
    We're sorry. The seat map is not available at this time. Your seats will be assigned at check in.

Is this normal or does it mean we no longer have pre allocated Seats
    [:O]
    I'm sure someone here will have the answer if not I will have to ring Virgin.
    Y vonne

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Check-in online 24 hours before and you should be able to get your seat allocation then.
    CERI

Florida Expert
    Similar happened to us whe we flew to Orlando in June. We were allocated seats online when we booked the tickets back in January, but when it came to checking in, there was no record of this, so we were reallocated.
    Chris

Florida Chatterbox
    Virgin's system changed in May. If their pre-allocation of seats are full then the seat maps will no longer show until OLCI, this doens't mean that your requested seats have been changed, just that you can't see the map.

If you put in your FF number and access 'Manage your flights' you should still see your seats numbers listed, just not the map.

Jill

Florida Newbie
    Are all seats available to pre book, or do they hold some back for the day of travel.

Florida Savvy
    If you put in your FF number and access 'Manage your flights' you should still see your seats numbers listed, just not the map.

Jill, I tried this and still got the same message. No seat numbers listed.
    Y vonne

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by haras
    Are all seats available to pre book, or do they hold some back for the day of travel.
    [/quote]No, there's only a percentage that you can pre-book and they don't guarantee them anyway.
    blott

Florida Chatterbox
    we picked our seats to mco in june and when we got there they had been reallocated .we didn ' t get to sit together and my husband is not grat at small talk and likes to sit together. when i complained vigin said they were not guaranted [msnsad] the flight was very , very busy though. i think if you are at the check- in early you will be fine ,due to our domestic we were late don' t think it would have been a problem if we were on time.

Florida Expert
    Yet another example of Virgin Atlantic's POOR customer service !
    Linda

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Fourdents
    Yet another example of Virgin Atlantic's POOR customer service !
    [/quote]

I don't think its just Virgin. We have had the same problems with other airlines as well
    mike