Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Virgin seat allocation

Florida Expert
    I had pre booked our seats (7 of us) in Feb for our flight in July, when we checked in online we had totally different seats allocated for us.
    I fortunately had been allocated row 22 abc, I had sent an email to Virgin stateing my fear of flying, so I was well chuffed.
    My Brother and his 2 daughters had been placed in row 60 abc, we had chosen 32 abc, luckily as the plane was quite empy, they were moved by me, my husband and our youngest Son, the cabin was empty, so had it all to ourselves, same on way back[msnsmile2]
    I had a very good experience with Virgin and will never fly with anyone else, but that is my opinion, each to their own.
    So I think with seat allocation, it must not be guarenteed, do online check in and view your seats on there, if not satisfied, I was advised to turn up at airport a bit earlier and have a word with a member of the Virgin Staff.[msnsmile2]
    vicky

I have never had a problem with the Virgin seat allocation. Although this was last year.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Florida Expert
    seems like they all do the same now. We had similar with BA earlier this year when they would not allocate the seats until 24 hrs before. We are booked with Virgin to go out next month and had pre booked seats. When I checked they were same as 'y' but I phoned up and they were still allocated. it seems this is the case whether you travel economy, PE or upper class.
    Joyce
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1917.aspx

Florida Newbie
    Hi,
    I am after a bit of advice regarding seats. Unfortunatley we had to cancel our original dates last week and are now travelling out on November 14th. I expected the flight to be relativley empty but have found its literally full.There are very few seats left to pre book so am unable to do anything until 24 hrs before.Would anyone know what sort of chance a familly of 5 will have of sitting next to each other once the remaing allocation is open.Or if there is any chance of getting rows 60+61 where its 3 and then 2 seats.
    Thanks..

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote: Hi,
    I am after a bit of advice regarding seats. Unfortunatley we had to cancel our original dates last week and are now travelling out on November 14th. I expected the flight to be relativley empty but have found its literally full.There are very few seats left to pre book so am unable to do anything until 24 hrs before.Would anyone know what sort of chance a familly of 5 will have of sitting next to each other once the remaing allocation is open.Or if there is any chance of getting rows 60+61 where its 3 and then 2 seats.
    Thanks..[/quote]

I have booked flights for December and couldn't get seats together for us (family of 6). I rang to check and Virgin advised the following:

Don't bother pre-booking seats which don't suit. A percentage are always held back and will be released 24 hrs before departure, so try again online then.
    If that doesn't work properly for you, then ignore the online pre-booking and turn up at the desk (early). Virgin's policy is to seat families together and this rule takes priority over many other pre-booked requests, so you should be fine.

At least, that's what he told me...
    Tonish

Florida Expert
    Went to reserve a seat for a flight in November and Virgin have this posted in that section

"We're sorry. The seat map is not available at this time. Your seats will be assigned at check in."

Do they usually close the list this early ?

The flight times have also been changed. Wonder what they are up to ! [msneek]
    Linda

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Fourdents
    Went to reserve a seat for a flight in November and Virgin have this posted in that section

"We're sorry. The seat map is not available at this time. Your seats will be assigned at check in."

[/quote]

Linda,

hmmm we're off on Sunday. Our seats are allocated for the outbound ok and have been for a few months, but the inbound is now showing the same as your's. We did have seats allocated on the inbound but were going to turn up early to get a better selection [msnsmile]
    Wilf & Sarah

Florida Expert

In the past I have reserved a seat and never found the seat allocation closed like it is today.

Changed flight times now seat map closed...........makes me nervous [msnscared][msneek]
    Linda

it was like that when we went Linda, didnt expect to get bulkhead and adjacent seats but we did, on the way home given bulkhead seat didnt ask! virgin doing something right which makes a pleasant change!
    Liesa

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wilfy

[/quote]

That's the normal response now if all the pre-allocation has gone, and has been since May of this year.

However, if you have made a previous request before the allocation was full just click on your intinerary and your requested seats will show.

Jill