Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: What is the biggest villa I could rent?

What is the biggest villa I could rent?

Hi guys, noobie here.

I'm looking to find a huge villa to rent in the Orlando area - I cann't seem to find anything above 8 beds! Is this the norm, or am I missing something on my t'internet searches? Ideally looking for a 10 bed if poss - prob about 20 of us going. I know I can look at the option on 2 props next to each other, but like the thought of having 1 great big place.

I've been a couple of times to Orlando, first time in a shockingly bad hotel on I Drive (never again) and more recently stayed in a stunning villa on Highlands Reserve - doubt I'll ever stay in a hotel again in Orlando!

Anyways, many thanks in advance - it would be useful to know if I'm wasting my time looking for something that doesn't exist.

Cheers

IMT

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Mike I don't believe there are too many villas of the size you are looking for as this would probably be classed as a hotel I think your idea of two villas on the same community/beside each other is the best bet.

Good luck with the hunt.
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    I agree with CDV, Mike that 2 smaller properties would be your best option. Although it may cost a little more the chances of finding a 10 bed are smaller. When you consider all the things that having one property entails for 20 people and then think that it will be double for 2 properties.

Things like double the number of bathrooms available, parking spaces, even swimming pools, as most pools would be fairly crowded if you had 20 people in them. That's where community pools are good though as you'll have more space. Good luck with the search though and have fun looking.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Welcome to the forum.

Any home over 7 bedroom size is classified as a hotel because of the licensing regulations and is required to have lots of expensive extra safety features. It's also a very limited market for 7+ bedrooms and I doubt if you'll find any but a few 8 bedroom size.

Why not try a seven and a three bed close to each other as an alternative? The homes on the forum linked sites (links at the top of each forum page) are really great.

Have fun choosing!

blott

Florida Newbie
    Hi Mike, i beleive that there are only a handfull of licenced 8 bedroom villas in Orlando, the authorities will now no longer allow 8 bedroom homes so you need to look at adjoining 5 bedroom villas or a 7/8 bed and a smaller one close by.

Pete

Cheers for the replys guys - pretty much as I thought.

Might have to go for the biggest 8 bedder I can find and get a smaller one nearby. Shame really, but if that's the law, not much I can do...

IMT

Gold 5 Star Member
    IMT

It also depends on the make up of your part as well, what size homes you would find most comfortable.
    If for example it is family groups then you may want more of a mix of double/twin rooms than if it is a group of couples who may require more double rooms or singles who may want more twin rooms. You may well find that some of the group are happy to split anyway and have a bit more space and privacy. I know in a large group (whether it's family or friends) I always find that we prefer to have our own place as over a couple of weeks things often start to irritate and you cant get away from it, like one person always ending up doing the cooking/cleaning up after others or hogging the bathroom etc. and what is meant to be a fun holiday then gets spoiled.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Newbie
    Obviously we are all biased towards villas, but there are some many benefits of getting two villas side by side, or back to back - the flexibility of having two kitchens for one!

If you search for the dates that you are looking for, I am sure that you can find another villa closeby!
    Darren

http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3284.aspx