Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Living in Florida

Florida Expert
    Plymouth, Devon UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, Fl
    Packmanuk, you said that you will have £400,000 which will be circa $800,000, You would be best going for one of the Government Investment Schemes that would cost $500,000 this would give you your green card, so you could work at what you wanted and have $300,000 left to do what you want and with this scheme they pay you a % of your investment very month too.
    DM me for more details.

Tricia

Florida Junior
    Thanks for the info -

Would the investment scheme give my family a green card ? What money would I get each month ? Any other info on it ?

Gold 5 Star Member
    It is called EB5 and it is what I mentioned in an earlier reply. Google EB$ green card. Lots of investment schemes exist in what are called regional centres, doing up office buiildings in Seattle, building a condo hotel in a Vermont ski resort, regenerating the city of Philadelphia, setting up and running dairy farms in South Dakota, turning an old air force base in California into an airport, rebuilding New Orleans. What they all have in common is they are deprived areas which need investment and job creation.

If approved you get an EB5 visa which converts into a conditional green card from which you can get the conditions removed after two years provided you have kept the investment and the scheme you have invested in has created jobs in the deprived neighborhood. Income varied and depends on what the investment generates, for example if you are doing up buildings to rent out, you get a portion of the rent. The capital also needs to be at risk and there is hence no guarantee of income. The most popular one in Seattle seems to give around what you would get in an ordinary savings account in interest. The big problem is exit strategy after you have got your green card. As the investment cannot be used again for Eb5, you need to sell it on just as an investment, not so easy maybe. Some are easier than others, for example in the ski resort you get a condo you can sell. But it isnt a short term investment.

It would give a green card to you, spouse and all kids under 21. You could then get a job, start a business whatever. Having run a management company, I can honestly tell you that there is no living to be had in managing small amounts of houses yet it is just as tieing as managing large numbers. Even if it would get you a visa, dont go there.
    Julie

Florida Chatterbox
    Although the figure of $500,000 is quoted you can expect to spend another $50,000 or so in fees commissions and charges.
    With a bit of luck you will get a taxable 5% return on your investment of the half million. You can kiss goodbye to the other $50,000 forever. Will you be able to get your half million back ? Maybe eventually, I have heard 7 years quoted as realistic, meanwhile the dollar may nosedive further, and you would get more just on deposit with the bank.
    Its an expensive but reasonably sure way (if you pick the right scheme) to get a green card.
    The worst thing that can happen is that you invest the money, pay the fees , never get the conditions removed green card and cannot get your invested money back- because it is not a guaranteed investment.
    Actually that's pretty bad isn't it?