Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Too early to start looking?

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    Do Xmas Lucinda, if you have not stayed over the holiday itself before it's really magical and my most favourite time, I turn into a 6 year old every year.[xmas1]
    [/quote]

I might just do that myself CDV ! I am usualy there untill about Dec 13th / 14th as I am not yet booked I might go myself next year ! I keep saying I want to go for Christmas !
    Jean

Florida Newbie
    Last year we were there Dec 2-9, I loved all the Christmas decorations and all, but you are right Cruella, the idea of Christmas really really appeals to me, espeicially since we live in Northern INdiana and it is always so cold and nasty here. Will just wait and see what I get back in my inquiries and go from there! Thanks all for the help!

Oh and Cruella, your house is another one thats magnicificent! I do love looking at all the really large houses, makes me wish I could get all my family to chip and go with us!

December is a brialliant time to go but the flights tend to be very expensive over the Christmas period. You can save quite a bit by going earlier and not so many villas will be booked for early December. You could then save Christmas for when Katie is a little bit older and will appreciate it even more.

I'm sure you will have a brilliant time whatever you choose

Lynne
    Lynne

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Domestic flights should be ok though Lynne and although the prices do go up a bit over the hols it is truly worth it to be there over the festive season. Since owning I have not missed one Xmas in Florida and would be miserable if I could not go. It's routine in our house, Xmas markets in Germany for the first couple of weekends when my parents come out to visit and then off to Florida after Mr CDVs birthday for a month but as I mentioned earlier I turn into a 6 year old and Xmas really is magical to me, it drives Mr CDV nuts but he goes along with it, probably for a peaceful life[xmas1]

I started buying all my tickets for the various upcoming Xmas special events this weekend[msneek]
    CDV

It is never too early to book for holiday periods and if you want certain dates you can wait to book your flight late .
    Have a lovely holiday .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    It is nice to be there over Christmas but I think your earlier December dates may be better. You still get to take advantage of all the holiday events, but the crowds are much lighter and yes, the flights will be cheaper too!

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Hi Lucinda

Just seen your request come through on OFV, get busy choosing your villa now
    Christine

Florida Newbie
    Well the baby finally decided to give me some sleep! So it was a nice surprise to come and and have 85 emails with offers on villas to rent! I think some of my turn downs people didnt notice I was booking 2008 not 2007!

I really have decided that over Christmas would be lovely, I know its supposed to be super busy, but am thinking the week before when we come in shouldnt be as bad, we can do our parks then and have the week off Christmas to relax, spend some time in Jacksonville to see my brother in law and family.

We would probably just drive in, save us renting a car and all, Its a 17 hr drive but flights for 4 would still cost us more than driving. Domestic flights arent too expensive if you book early.

I have to say, your homes are just beautiful everyone and thank you all so much for your replies!

Florida Expert
    As others have said it's never too early to book the busy times.

You are so lucky to be able to go at Christmas, we would love to. We have parents who are well into their 80's and not up to travelling, so unfortunately we have to make do with going for my husband's birthday on December 3 instead.

Ice at the Gaylord Palms is amazing if you haven't been and it 'snows' several times a night at Celebration during the Christmas period.

Florida Newbie
    We spent Christmas there two years ago, it is very busy but so very special as well it is well worth the extra crowds
    Pete