Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where else to go?

Florida Junior

Where else to go?

Okay so we went Orlando last year and had an AMAZING time, we have decided to go back next year but want to do different stuff also.

Last year we did The Disney, Universal, MGM, IOA, Skull Kingdom, Discovery Cove, Busch Gardens and Boggy Creek whilst going to various places like Daytona Beech etc.

So, this time we want to do all that but also something different, thinking about going the Everglades. Anyone else recommend places to visit?

Thanks in advance for the replies [msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Florida Expert
    You could spend forever finding somewhere, remember FL is roughly the size of the UK.

If you want to visit the everglades, whilst there you are close to Fort Lauderdale, Miami and of course the Keys themselves. The keys are almost like another country compared to the rest of FL, very laid back with ocean on both sides of you.
    Neil & Kay

There is ST AUGUSTINE you can go for a day and look for the dolfins you can see them over the bridge .
    There is a beach at ST CLOUD arond LAKE TOKO with a restaurant called CRABBY BILLS .
    The best beachs are CLEARWATER ,MADERIA BEACH ,AND TREASURE ISLAND ALSO ST PETES BEACH IF YOU START AT CLEARWATER AND KEEP GOING ALONG THE COAST TO AST PETES you will see lots of places for the future .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Junior
    Yeah i know thats why i asked people what they recommend =D

Ah, i see, yeah i think the everglades are definitely on our list now then. =D

Florida Junior
    Sounds really nice Mfair, will have to look into that, thanks for the advice =D

Dom, Have a good look here for more suggestions:

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/forum_23.asp

Karen
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Florida Junior
    Ooo, thanks so much for the link Kazzie =D Big help =D

Florida Expert
    Oh Dom, there is just so much to do you could be there for months and still not see it all. It also depends on what you like to do.

We really enjoyed 'Fantasy of Flight', you don't have to be massively into aircraft to enjoy it. If you fancy a show, then Cirque du Soleil is amazing. A trip on the lake at Mount Dora is like going back into pre history and an overnight stay at St Augustine is fascinating. There are also so many natural attractions such as the State Parks or Homossassa Springs.

The Orlando area has more to offer than Disney et al. Have you been to Celebration, Kissimmee Old Town on a Saturday night, been out on lake Toho or taken a helicopter tour or balloon flight?

If you need more inspiration as well as looking at the forum guides I recommend buying a guidebook such as 'a brit's guide to Orlando and Walt Disney World'

Have a brilliant time

Florida Expert
    I totally recomend St Augustine. I used to live in Jacksonville and would go there all the time. Speaking of Jacksonville, look into Jacksonville Jaguar NFL tickets. They havnt been doing as good as usual the last few years so tickets should be easy to get. Then drive up to Savannah Georgia. It's about 2 hours north of Jacksonville. The old houses and history there will blow you away! Read 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil' first. It gives a lovely history of Savannah And if you are on I-95, keep going and spend a day or two in Charleston South Carolina. Or a little bit further there's Murtle Beach S. Carolina. Or get into North Carolina. The Outer Banks area is lovely. And you could visit Kitty Hawk and see where the Wright Brothers flew that famous plane!
    There, an instant vacation. Post some pictures, drink a beer in the Winston Churchill Pub in Savannah, and have a great time!
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

Gold 5 Star Member
    i would just like to say that it looks like you packed so much in the first trip you may think you've done something but there could be more to see than first meets the eye

take Epcot for example, after three visits here i still see new things, until the last trip i never knew about the boardwalk area and we spent a lovely few hours over there

or how about a behind the scenes tour at one of the parks, we did a penguin encounter at seaworld that the children and adults loved and i believe disney offer some fab tours too [clap]

Celebration is also another "must do"