Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where else to go?

I would recommend Naples the beaches are fabulous and you are in easy reach of the Everglades also the islands of Sanibel and Captiva are worth a visit. Anywhere along the Gulf coast is worth a visit.

Val

Florida Savvy
    If you can make it down to Ft Lauderdale then there is the Jungle Queen river boat cruise. Well worth a visit!!

They do a day trip and an evening trip. The evening trip takes you up and down the river highways of the rich and famous and then stops off at a private island for an all you can eat buffet and some light cabaret. It then finishes off with the night cruise back and is worth every cent.

[msnsmile2]
    Clayton, Pippa & Heather

Florida Junior
    Yeah Mizzy, i think we did do a lot of stuff on our first trip. But i agree, we are going back to Universal, MGM etc. (Not Disney though as did not find it too enjoyable).

But this time looking for something else to do a little different seeing as Skull Kingdom isn't there and were not going Disney =D

Thanks Val, we are definately thinking of the Everglades, load up on bug spray and we should be gone =D

Hm, sounds interesting Pudders, someone else mentioned Ft Lauderdale, will have to look into that one as it does sound quite nice to go.

Try a picnic at Lake Louisa State Park, just 1/2 hr drive from Kissimmee.
    [website link edited]
    The park contains a number of lakes, all with picnic and BBQ areas, plus walking trails etc.
    A great retreat from the hectic Disney experience
    paul
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1470.aspx

Have you thought of 1 week in Orlando and 1 week at the gulf Coast? There is so much to do down on the Gulf. You would be an easy drive away from the Everglades - south or Busch Gardens - north. The beaches are fantastic, hire a boat, go fishing or just relax!

Bernadette

I noticed no one has mentioned the Kennedy Space Centre (unless I'm blind). We were there in April/May and it was the best part of our holiday. We went with a 7mth old / a 3 year old & 3 grandparents (plus me & the wife) and we all enjoyed it. Obviously the 7mth old had no idea what was going on, but everyone else loved it.

There are lots to cram in so allow a whole day there. There are different tours you can go on, we went on the "up close tour" which takes you to the shuttle launch pads and drops you off at the Apollo Centre.

I'd have an interest in the space race etc, but even those who don't have an interest in it would find it hard not to be amazed by it all.

If I ever go back to Florida the Kennedy Space Centre will be first on my list.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by 50sumtng
    Try a picnic at Lake Louisa State Park, just 1/2 hr drive from Kissimmee.
    The park contains a number of lakes, all with picnic and BBQ areas, plus walking trails etc. A great retreat from the hectic Disney experience[/quote]If you aren't staying in Kissimmee, Lake Louisa is closer! Approx 7 miles north of 192 on H27. So quiet, no traffic noise, just birds.
    Regards, Mark

Hi

We would highly recommend that you start in Orlando and then head over to Clear Water and St. Pets and then travel down the coast and over to the keys and up home through Miami.
    Its a long trip but well well worth it.

really and truly anywhere in Florida is worth it.
    We have yet to find somewhere we did NOT like.

Good luck and enjoy.

Kind regards
    REGINA AND BARRY

Dom, it might help with suggestions of places to go and things to do if we knew the make up of your party - ie kids, teens.................. grandparents!! [msnwink]
    Caroline & Dave

Florida Junior
    Thanks for the amazing help guys, there is a few new places we HAVE to go now =D

Sorry caroline, it is 16, 18, and 2 adults =D