Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just had a near miss

Florida Expert

Just had a near miss

Have just returned from shopping at Asda and I am shaking thinking what may have happened if I was not in my husbands landrover discovery but my hatch back.

I was putting my shopping away in the back of the car with my 12 year old and heard a big clunk turned round and there was a 4x4 that had gone into us trapping us both between the 2 cars. There was on one in the other car, some idiot had not put the handbrake on and it had rolled into us. The landrover door took the force of it but is was sounding like it wasn't going to hold it much more as the other one was still moving. Jess and I were trapped between the 2 pushing the other car away from us. Thankfully a man jumped out of his car and 2 trolley boys helped. The manager came out and stayed with me until the owners returned, after 4 calls on the loudspeak to them[msnmad]. The lady was very sorry but the man didn't give a damn about it[msnmad], was reluctant to give me his details. I was grateful the Asda manager was still there as he sorted it out.

Back home now feeling sick about would could have been. Got back ache now after trying to push the car away. Looks like I will be spending my day off from work on the phone to our insurance company[msnmad]

not nice Sally, but thankfully neither you or your daughter were hurt, [grouphug]

ignorant so and so's hope you make him pay!!!
    Liesa

Florida Expert
    Sorry to here of your news. I can't understand why people can be so ignorant when an accident like this happens. They don't seem to have any consideration for the victims. I wonder how they would feel if it happened to them. Hope you manage to get it all sorted out. At least you and your daughter are okay.
    Barbara
    http://www.villasflorida.com/villas/737.aspx

Sally, so sorry to hear about this. Glad you and Jess are basically OK though. If you insurance company are as good as ours it will be sorted out in no time. Brian has hit on Monday and we have just had a loan car delivered while the repairs are done. This was for the old car as well, not the new one so I am sure it will all be OK.

Glad you got his details and with the Manager's backup should be OK.
    Jill and Brian

Florida Expert
    Sally

Do see your Doctor so that the visit is recorded. IF you have any problems later there is a record of your visit.

Shock can be unpleasant. Hope you feel better soon. Thinking of you....take care
    Linda

Gold 5 Star Member
    Glad you and your daughter weren't seriously hurt Sally.
    Hope you're not too achy in the morning either [grouphug]
    Also hope you get the insurance sorted quickly
    Julie

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Sally

That guy should be bloddy grateful the car didn't hit just a child and crushed them, then he would be in serious trouble. I would make sure he gets whats coming to him
    CERI

Sally I agree with Linda do see a doctor and take Jess with you - you need a record of this. The shock sometimes can mask some of the pain and its better to be safe than sorry. Take care.
    Stuart & Linda

http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3209.aspx

OMG Sally so glad you are OK but get to the doctors[grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]

Florida Expert
    Thank you everyone.

Feeling more[msnmad]now than[msncry]

Been onto insurance company and discovered our excess is £325[msnoo], that will teach us to check the policy more closely in future. The only way we can claim that from them is for them to admit liability, which I very much doubt they will.

Been in touch with Asda as they said before I left that they may have it on CCTV, they are going to check for me.