Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't walk and we go on Thursday! Updated again!

Can't walk and we go on Thursday! Updated again!

OMG I can't walk and we go next Thursday[msncry][msncry][msncry]

Last night my left knee became very swollen. painful and I could not walk on it[msnsad] after a trip to A&E they said it was prepatellar bursitis and it may take some time to heal and be usable[msncry][msncry][msncry]

I have made a private appointment with a physio this afternoon in the hope they can help speed up my recovery[msncry]

I am devastated, I can't believe this has happened so close to our departure date, I have everthing crossed that this will clear up enough by Thursday[msncry][msncry][msncry][msncry]

.................................................. .................................................. ...........................................

Well its almost 5 months since my first post so I thought i would post an update[msnwink]

A long story but due the NHS not letting people clog up consultant clinics I had to go through months useless and painful physio[msnmad]Plus waiting for the results of an MRI scan - results which Allied Medical sent to the NHS on the 10 Oct but the NHS lost for 4/5weeks[msnmad] Finally another week later I get given the results.............

A complex tear of the medial meniscus with the appearence of a horn flap tear and a radical tear to the free edge of the body. Also an irregularity of the cartilage at the medial aspect of the patella, consistent with chondromalacia plus a Baker's cyst but NO joint effusion (seen with arthritis)

Apparently its a common injury that footballers and athletes get [msnscared] so all that exercise I used to do has probably not done my knees any favours[msnsad] but I miss it so much and have been told once my knee has healed I can exercise again[sporty][msnsmile]

So I have been refered to a private surgical unit (on behalf of the NHS) for Arthroscopic surgery asap, I have the pre op with the nurse on Monday 3rd then I will have the initial consultant assessment then surgery should be within 28 days. I will then need about 6 weeks to heal[msnsad]

I am not looking forward to the surgery as I have developed a bit of a phobia about knees and would rather give birth again[msneek], but needs must so I will probably be on crutches for Christmas[msnsmile]

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Oh no Julie!

Rest rest rest that's the key, keep off it as much as you can. I spend a lot of time at the Physio because of my back injury and if they can help you recover faster they will.

Keep us updated.
    CDV

Thanks CDV I will do [msnsad]

Julie,
    I had quite a nasty football injury a few years ago; the muscle was torn away from my pubic bone and I could't really walk. 3 days running with the sports therapist doing electro treatment and i was fairly comfotable and could get around. Even after 1 session i was walking of sorts so hopefully they can sort you out.
    andrew
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1338.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    oh i'm so sorry Julie, i know how much you've been looking forward to this holiday, make sure you rest mrs and i will keep my fingers crossed for you[grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]

Gold 5 Star Member
    [grouphug] Julie, will keep everything crossed for you.
    Sounds like you need to rest as much as possible for the next week

Let us know how you get on this afternoon [grouphug]
    Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hope everything gets sorted bofore you go.
    You may want to consult your travel insurance as you may not be covered for this injury as it was pre existing before your trip. Most insurance companies expect you to pre notify them in advance of any pre existing medical condtions but will still cover you.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Thank you Andrew, Marie and Julieanne I will let you know how I get on[msncry][msncry][msncry]

Florida Expert
    Sorry to hear this Julie, so close to your date[msnsad]

If you remember I had a panic last year just before we were due to go and everything turned out ok, so fingers crossed for you.

Is this 'housemaid knee'[?], if so I believe lots of rest and packs of frozen veg will help.

Hope it goes well for you this afternoon.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Julie hope they can help you this afternoon. Just try and stay off the leg as much as possibble, plenty of rest. Otherwise i will have to help you onto the plane [msnwink]
    Sue
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1977.aspx