Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't walk and we go on Thursday! Updated again!

Florida Savvy

Oh Julie, I really feel for you, so close to your holiday.[grouphug]

Rest, rest, rest!

I hope they can help you this afternoon.
    Ali

Oh Julie

I really know how you must be feeling - I was so looking forward to breaking up from school - three weeks doing all the jobs I just have not had the time to do, catching up with friends, shopping, shopping and more shopping. I pulled something in my back one night and for the last week have had to rely on 14 and 16 year old until hubby comes home from work. Just been to the doctors again and given me more tablets and said hopefully its on the mend - we travel in 13 days time. So I really hope you can rest and the thought of that Florida feeling keeps your spirits up.

Keep us posted as to how you are doing.
    Stuart & Linda

http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3209.aspx

Hopefully physio will help
    I have had physio lately and i can't praise it enough
    Good luck[msnsmile]

Dawn
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2975.aspx

What bad luck Julie [msnsad]. Hopefully the Physio will be able to help you I am keeping everything crossed for you[grouphug]

Thank you everyone, I really hope they can help[msnsad]

Florida Expert
    Julie a bag of frozen peas placed / wrapped around the knee will help. Be sure to put a label on the pea bag so they are not eaten afterward.

Hope you feel a lot better soon
    Linda

Prepatellar bursitis is the painful inflammation of the bursa, or fluid-filled cushion, that sits in front of the kneecap (patella). Triggered by an injury or infection, prepatellar bursitis can occur suddenly and clear up on its own, or become a chronic problem.

unquote

im sorry for you Julie, with suffering from extreme knee pain myself for many years, im sure if you rest and see the physio you could get on top of it in time for your holiday, we know how much your looking forward to it, may have to watch out for all the shopping you were probably gonna do, i so hope it gets better quickly, knee pain is nasty, im an expert at it! maybe some elbow cructhes so you can take some weight of it till next week at least?
    Liesa

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Julie I'm not a doc but my knees are shot and when i had bursitis they recommended an anti inflammatory which cleared the fluid and hence the pain-check it out with your doc it might be worth a try.
    I'm trying not to be a Job's comforter but the manipulation of therapy might aggravate it-if they can't guarantee a cure can it be delayed??
    On the good side mine used to flare up and flare down almost as quickly so I really hope that you are OK for when you go.
    Bob

Florida Expert
    I too know how devasting it can be to receive an injury just before a holiday that you have been looking forward to for ages. I few years ago I broke my wrist and the thought of going on holiday with a plaster on wasn't worth thinking about. I was really upset because I could not see me being able to go swimming in the pool, playing tennis etc. All the things I love to do on holiday. Needless to say, I too was very lucky as the plaster only had to stay on 3 weeks and I managed to convince the hospital to remove the plaster just a few days before we went away. Admittedly I couldn't play tennis but I could go for gentle swims and so the holiday worked out fine. Hope you have some good news by the end of the afternoon.
    Barbara
    http://www.villasflorida.com/villas/737.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    My knees and shoulders are shot with arthritis which have been injected and operated on many times but it doesn't stop me from going to Florida twice a year and having a great time. So I'm sure you'll be just fine.

As Neil and Cathy have said though, please let your insurance company know before you travel as they will deny any claim for anything else if you've not declared something. Don't take that risk, it's not worth it.
    blott