Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting Immigration Story out of Tampa

Gold 5 Star Member
    They were lucky to get back on visa waiver with visa denied agaisnt theirname. All they can do is use that time to pack up their possessions, and put home, business and vehicles up for sale. That is the problem with going back to your home country to get your visa renewed, if you get denied you are up the creek. That is why so many people are just extending their I-94 status with USCIS, it landlocks you within the US so if there is an emergency abroad you cannot travel, but at least you can carry on running your business. Going back for a visa renewal is a HUGE risk.
    Julie

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott

Some of them have children who have long forgotten about the UK and only know the US. Or the children have reached 18 (or 21 if in college) who are separated from their families and sent back to a (sometimes, to them, if they have been in the US for years) totally foreign country (the UK).

[/quote]

My neighbors have just become citizens (he's from Sunderland and she's a Londoner), so their two sons can stay here and are eligible for scholarships to college. One's at UCF and the other is at UF.
    Their process took over two years.
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:My neighbors have just become citizens (he's from Sunderland [/quote]

Don't blame him one bit! If Roy Keane managed my football team I would leave UK as well.