Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weather

Florida Savvy

Weather

Hi All,

I have heard the weather in Orlando is awful at the moment, just like here.

We go on Thursday and can't bear the thought of not seeing some sun this Summer.

Thanks
    Sue

At the moment I am sitting on my pool deck in bright sunshine, on a typical Florida morning.

We had some heavy rain for about an hour a few days ago, but apart from that the weather is normal. The temp is in the low 90's, and you may or may not get caught in the odd afternoon rains. We have missed them for the last 3 days.

Do not believe all you read. You will see lots of sun if my rapidly improving tan is anything to go by.

Graham

Florida Savvy
    Thank you Graham, You have made my day

Sue

Well the weather is absolutely awful here, cloudy, rainy and cold.......unfortunately I am not in Florida where apart from a few thunderstorms, typical at this time of year, it is beautifully hot. So where would I rather be.......?
    ellie

Administrator
    The problem when you see the Florida forcast is that it usually just says 'Thunder Storms' each day. Whilst this is true, what it doesnt usually make clear is the fact that almost every afternoon for an hour or so there is rain and a thunderstorm. The rest of the day is beautiful sunshine.

This is very typical of this time of year, and the afternoon storm is a welcome break from the sun. It also usually empties the parks, so if you stick around in a park until after the rain then you get to go on the rides a lot quicker.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I just spoke to my guests that arrived yesterday and they were sitting out on the deck, the kids were in the pool and they said it was wonderful !!!![msncool]
    Jean

Gold 5 Star Member
    Fab weather here too [msncool] Just about to jump in the pool.

As Roger says the weather forecast always looks worse than it actually is because of the afternoon showers, but even those can be confined to a very small area. Last week it rained on half the pool deck, literally half of it, and the other half was dry.

Depending on where you are you may or may not see a shower in the afternoon.

You'll have a fab time so don't worry about the weather, they are no better at predicting it here than at home [msnwink]
    Rosie

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    The weather forecasters as usual will always put a stint of 60% chance of isolated thunderstorms. but they can never say exactly where, Orlando is such a huge place, you may well get a thunderstorm in Davenport but in Disney about a rough 10 miles away, it is still bright and sunny. They do as usuall cover all the bases, so to speak.

For the past three days, I have been wearing a vest like t-shirt and boy am I paying for it today, I have had to cover up in a sleeved t-shirt, as I am now quite red. and that was just a casual walk around the Fantasia golf yesterday. Don't be lurved into if the sun is not shining, you will not burn, I can say you definitely will. Just done AK this morning, and I was very glad to do the Kali River Rapids, to get a soaking and cool off.

Enjoy your stay, but always remember slip, slop, slap at all times.
    CERI

wrpac00
    Really hot and sunny up till 2pm then thunderstorm and rain, hasn't really cleared up and its now 7:10pm.

At least when it rains in Florida, it is usually for a short while and the paths and roads dry within the hour. Unlike over here, I'm growing webbed fingers!!
    Regards, Mark