Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newbie

Florida Newbie

Hi, although been to Florida a few times, and used this site to book the accomodation in the past, it is my first time of joining the forum!

A question for all you experienced florida holiday makers out there. In the past when we have had a lanai with a nice fan so that we can sit out at night and during the day having lunch, but keeping cool. Previously there have been 6 of is in a villa and this has come as par for the course and we have never thought anything differently. Next year it is just going to be 2 of us and we are therefore looking at smaller properties and the covered lanai appaers to be lacking! Is this they way the developers are building them now? Is it in fact just mind over matter and do we really need one?

Thanks.

[msncool]
    Fiona

Hi Fiona and a big welcome - enjoy having a read through, and look forward to chatting
    Dawn Murray

Gold 5 Star Member
    welcome to the forum Fiona, i would suggest posting your lanai question under the villa guests area and i'm sure you'll get a very quick response

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Fiona, There are usually only 3 of us and we've always stayed in a 3 bed villa (which I think are the smallest on these sites) and they've all had a covered lanai

Welcome to the forum
    Julie

Florida Expert
    Hi, and welcome to the forums[msnsmile2]
    Chris

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi, and welcome[8D]

Not sure it is the "norm" that smaller vacation villas have no lanai, as many larger homes do not. If you are used to one, and indeed have it as a requirement I would certainly mention that on any inquiries you make.
    We were particular about wanting a lanai when we bought, and there are only 3 of us (but still chose 4 bed), personally I wouldn't want to be without it now, especially as we are South facing. The fan and light are just another added bonus[8D]

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum Fiona.

Re the size issue, there are only two of us and we bought a 6 bedroom but converted to 5, we love the extra space and a lot of guests still hire villas more than what they need for the space. Some have Lanais some don't, many owners will provide some sort of shade whether it a large Parasol or maybe even a canopy if they don't have a lanai. If it is important to you just put it in the requirements field as either a nice to have or a must, it might narrow you down a bit but it is what makes you happy.
    CDV

Florida Newbie
    Thank you all for your comments, as you say I think it is down to personal choice at the end of the day.

As I said I have used the site before to book villas and I have to say I use the car hire portion even when booking for Las Vegas as it is superb value snd I have not managed to beat the price anywhere else, so congrats there.

This is the first time I am ashamed to say that I have fully utilised the site and read the forums (why oh why did I never use these before) the "short cut" tips re getting in to Disney are very useful. I know the first time we stayed in a villa we were given the details but never kept them.

The forums are only as good as the people who use them and also you villa owners so thank you for that as I have been very impressed!
    Fiona

We do not have a covered lanai but have provided a retractable awning and also a large parasol. Our guests say they like having the choice of either full sunshine or a bit of shade.
    Lynne

Some villas do not have a lani all you need to do is look at some of the villas on these sites and you can find them .
    It is nice to get out of the sun as you can get to sunburned and cannot sleep .
    Good luck .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx