Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unpaid Toll Notice - Can anyone please help?

Florida Newbie

Unpaid Toll Notice - Can anyone please help?

Hope someone can help???

On our journey from the airport to villa on 14/06/07 we went through a toll on the 417 - we threw 50c into the bin (have to say it didn't look "right"), but couldn't find anywhere else to pay, so had to go through the red light.

Today, back in England, we've received an Unpaid Toll Notice for the 50c. However it was issued by FDOT on 3/7/07, and sent from Alamo to us on 18/7/07, arriving today. There's a form and return envelope. However it has to be paid by tomorrow, otherwise a Uniform Traffic Citation will be issued.

I'vr searched the web, but cannot find an automatic payment method for Unpaid Toll Notices (there are some for Citations/Tickets etc.)

Do any experts out there have any advice?

Many thanks in advance
    Kevin Kelleher

Florida Expert
    Clare R

Gold 5 Star Member
    Kevin

This happened to my daughter and I do recall finding a web page with instructions. She had got on the wrong road at the airport and drove thourgh a red light. We sent a cheque for $1 to the address on the website before they had chance to issue a notice to us.

Your best be is to pay it direct to the address on the notice by cheque.

Carole

Florida Expert
    I cannot believe they have gone to such expense for the sake of $0.50.

I had a similar problem at the exit (unmanned) toll booth from the 417 at Celebration the last time we were in Florida. I'm sure the toll was only $0.25 but i put the money in the bucket and nothing happened, the light stayed red. I drove through and the alarms went off but i heard nothing more. I assume Alamo just paid the $0.25 if it was ever reported to them.

Florida Newbie
    I can't believe it for 50c either! It must cost much more to process.

Anyway, I've finally found a number for Sunpass (001 561 470 6650 x7501 for anyone's future reference). The automated system assumes you are a Sunpass customer, but if you don't press any buttons you get to speak to a person!

They have lengthened the due date for 1 week. However, cannot take cc payment as their systems are down. Also tell me that if I complete the form, as requested, with cc details, then they can't be taken either and I will automatically receive a $25 citation!

I could send them a cheque, but they found it hard to understand that I am unable to send a USD cheque from my English bank!

I've got some traveller's cheques left, but smallest amount is $50, they say they will accept that! If it gets there in time then they won't issue a citation. If they do, do you think they'll take it from the $50 tc?

All because we couldn't work out where to put the money (have been to Florida 9 times, so don't think it's us? think it was a "manned" booth, that they'd left the green light on above?)

There was no way she was going to cancel the notice - think I'll call again and see if I get anyone a bit more reasonable
    Kevin Kelleher

Gold 5 Star Member
    Kevin, I have DM'd you [msnsmile]
    Rosie

Florida Newbie
    Rosie - you are an angel!

I have e-mailed you

Many, many thanks for your help,
    Kevin Kelleher

Gold 5 Star Member
    All sorted Kevin, glad I was able to help [msnsmile]
    Rosie

Florida Expert
    Hope I dont end up with any we had two red lights one on the 417 one on the way to the loop.[msnscared] I even payed one day at a booth and was so eager I went on without waiting for the green light and heared the alarm go off behind us[msnembarrased]
    Nikki D

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by cufc
    Rosie - you are an angel!

I have e-mailed you

Many, many thanks for your help,
    Kevin
    [/quote]
    She most certainly is Kevin[msnsmile2]

I know that however she has got you sorted she will have gone above and beyond the call of duty 'cos that's just the sort of person she is.....well done Rose[clap][clap][clap]

Liz