Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Season?

Florida Savvy

Hurricane Season?

My friend is thinking about visiting Orlando this year for 10 days commencing 23 September. She is concerned that this would still be in hurricane season. Can anyone advise please.

Sue

Super Moderator
    I would tell your friend not to worry and go ahead and book her holiday to the sunshine state. The chances of her being present during a hurricane are very slim and with no hurricanes in the region this year.

Our eldest spent a year at University of Miami and not one storm made land during his time there so it would be a shame to miss out on something that probably will never happen.

I agree with Jill. We have been late September several times and have never seen a hurricane. The path of the hurricane is much narrower than people think so the chance of being caught in one is very slim.
    Maureen Green

Gold 5 Star Member
    My niece has been twice to Florida both during hurricane season, the second time was the first time Disney had to close because of hurricane activity, it didnt put her off going at that time as she realised that much is made of preparation warnings which may or not come to anything. So much so that she will be going for 3 weeks in Sept this year and for the first time will have her 2 girls aged 3 1/2 and rising 2. She treats it the same as we do when there are warning of severe weather, snow etc in the UK, be alert, be prepared be sensible and enjoy yourself and in all probability at the end of the time you wonder why you were worried in the first place.

There are no guarantees in this life and there are just as many dangers we face on a daily basis on our roads etc in the UK. Tell her not to worry and have a great holiday.
    Babblin Boo

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    I'm with everybody else-tell her to go and have a great time!!

Florida Expert
    Here Here! The media hype these events up so much and scare everyone silly.

We have been at various times throughout the hurricane season and are going again in September this year. Like all these things you have to take a balanced view, awful things can happen anytime anywhere. At least everyone in Florida is prepared for hurricanes unlike the poor people caught out by the Tsunami.

If you let the fear of what might happen rule your life you'd never do anything. In my experience it's the unexpected, unimagined and unplanned for that is most devastating!

Sue, tell your friend to go and have a brilliant time [msnsmile2]

We are getting the funny weather here in UK not FLORIDA this year .
    We had tornados in NORFOLK last this week and the weather has been one of the worst I can remmber .
    We have been going since 1989 and had ANDREW ,GEORGE ,AND THE 4 IN 2004 when we closed on our villa so no problem ,Go and enjoy your holiday and do not worry .
    You will get hooked as we all say [msnsmile2].
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

I'm with the rest...

The chances of being caught up in something like this is tiny, so no point in sitting at home asking "what if ?".

Chris & Peter

wrpac00
    Hurricane season runs from Jun 1 to Nov 30 so it pretty difficult to miss it.

As people have already said no one can predict the weather anywhere in the world the chances of her being in Orlando when there is a hurricane is very remote.

Gold 5 Star Member
    The chance of a hurricane in the Orlando area is even extremely remote - there have been four in the past 45 years!

Tell your friend to go and enjoy herself as the chance of a hurricane in Orlando is so remote as to be a negligible one and even more especially in the short ten days she will be there.
    blott