Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airport Luggage.

Florida Junior

Airport Luggage.

Hi Guy's
    Can anybody please let me know how clever Airport Security is.
    What i mean is, i intend to buy lots while out in Florida.
    Have to take advantage of the current dollar exchange rate.
    As we are a family of 4 going in 6 weeks, if we take light luggage out( Nearly empty suitcases[msneek] ).[msnoo][msnwink]
    Will Security know this when we return with full luggage.
    Or am i overly worried.[msnembarrased]
    Any help much appreciated.[msncool]
    Kind Regards David.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I don't think anyone should advise you to break the law. Anything over your limits needs to be declared to customs when you come back to the UK.

Florida Savvy
    We always travel with hand luggage and buy a holdhall to bring goodies back.We got a brilliant bag at WalMart for $18.

Florida Junior
    We will be flying in and out of Gatwick.
    Can anybody enlighten me as to maximum weight allowances.
    Regards David.

Gold 5 Star Member
    David
    That will vary depending on the airline you are travelling with. What John is referring to is not the wieght but the fact that your duty free allowance is £145 per person so if you spend more than that the goods need to be declared and duty paid on them. If you were to buy something like a camcorder at the equivalent of £300 however you would pay duty on the whole £300 not £300-£145.

Of course we all know where to buy the bargains so get an awful lot for our £145.
    Babblin Boo

I often take half empty suitcases to Florida...or buy new ones in Wal Mart [msnsmile2] But as John says, you should keep within your customs allowance
    Shirley

Me too, just dont go overboard with the buying[msnwink]

Karen

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ShirleyD
    I often take half empty suitcases to Florida...or buy new ones in Wal Mart [msnsmile2] But as John says, you should keep within your customs allowance
    [/quote]
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ShirleyD
    [/quote]

Or take a case full of clothes/ items you no longer use and take it to your nearest Goodwill Store when you reach Florida.

http://www.goodwill.org/page/guest/a...operate/donate

That way you are helping those less fortunate as well as the American economy[msnwink]

Maureen Green

Florida Expert
    I always take a small amount of clothes and my smaller case inside my big empty case and come back rather heavy. I just always take of the tags as its normally clothes for my daughter anyway. I dont think I know anyone who has ever stayed within the limit of what they should bring back. It's cheap were getting fantastic rates on our money. How can you not over spend. [msnsmile2] I just flew with my travel in premier gold my luggage weight was 30lb.
    Nikki D