Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fake/real

Florida Savvy

fake/real

After doing the safari ride a few times at MK i have my doubts A couple of animals (expecially the larger and more dangerous) seem to do the same movements as we pass them. The question is are there any fake ones if so can anybody name them? I dont want to ask the children for obvious reasons,but need to settle argument many thanks

Florida Chatterbox
    I thought they were all real on the safari? Am I just incredibly gullible? [msnembarrased]

Gold 5 Star Member
    the baby elephant in the truck at the end is fake as are the termite mounds but as far as i know the rest are real

the animals are fenced into various enclosures but the tecnology they use to do this makes the barriers invisible, we have some great animal photos and the seem very real to me

Mizzy

The baobab trees are also fake, but I have never thought the animals were, each time we have been they seem to have been moving naturally, but I would love to know for sure!
    ellie

The animals are real. Only the things already mentioned like the termite bounds, Baby Red and the baobab tree are fake.
    The animals all go in at night and can be viewed in Backstage tours in their indoor comopartments. If you cathch the little train to conservation station, you can see the pens and the runs leading the animals to them.
    Angela

The other thing that is interesting to note is the feeding stations, some of the hollowed out or half tree trunks lying on the ground are actually animal feeders. They are easier to see looking backwards from the ride vehicles. There are also some very clever ways that the scenery is manages so that you don't realise that the animals are segregated and also well separated from the tour vehicles. Apart from the elephant in the truck, though, most of the animals are real.
    Euan

Florida Savvy
    Real or Fake. Either way it is a good ride My children were gobsmacked first time My guess was they were some form of robotics but it seems that general opinion is they are real many thanks

Having done the Safari at AK this morning, I also was asking this question. My only doubts were the hippos, which seemed to move right on cue as our truck pulled away, and most of all the lion which looked TOO much like Simba!! I was also dubious of the apparent lack of fencing separating the lion from truck-loads of tasty humans!

I have examined my photo of the lion and he does look absolutely real, but just too perfect, if that makes sense.

If anyone knows, you can tell me, I'll keep the secret safe.
    Dave.

The animals are definitely real, have been behind the scenes with a member of staff who was a neighbor.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Dads_Taxi
    Having done the Safari at AK this morning, I also was asking this question. My only doubts were the hippos, which seemed to move right on cue as our truck pulled away, and most of all the lion which looked TOO much like Simba!! I was also dubious of the apparent lack of fencing separating the lion from truck-loads of tasty humans!

I have examined my photo of the lion and he does look absolutely real, but just too perfect, if that makes sense.

If anyone knows, you can tell me, I'll keep the secret safe.
    [/quote]

Florida Savvy
    The animals are for real as we had a rhino cross the path of our truck...we have done this rip a few times now and only what others have mentioned is not!!