Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pool and spa heating

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ellie
    [i]

Now Caroline, is that an admission that you want to join the Wimps club?[msnwink] And what has being 21 got to do with anything?[msnwink][msnwink]
    Join it Ellie??? I'm a founding member[msnwink] I've had another birthday so I'm 22 now[msnwink][msneek][msnscared][msnsmile2][msncool]
    Caroline & Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have just got back. We didn't have the pool heat on and didn't need it at all. With temperatures near 100 degrees I wouldn't have wanted a bath!!!! And I am normally a whimp!

First thing in the morning before the sun got onto the pool it was a little cooler, but in the afternoon it wasn't cool at all!

All personal opinion I guess.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ellie
    [i]

Now Caroline, is that an admission that you want to join the Wimps club?[msnwink] And what has being 21 got to do with anything?[msnwink][msnwink]
    Join it Ellie??? I'm a founding member[msnwink] I've had another birthday so I'm 22 now[msnwink][msneek][msnscared][msnsmile2][msncool]
    [/quote]

Congratulations, Caroline! And you don't look a day over.......................19? [msnwink]
    ellie

Florida Expert
    Even with pool heating switched on, it won't actually come on unless the temperature falls below the temperature set.

I hate cold water but don't need the heat in summer. It's much more refreshing to get into a pool that doesn't feel like a bath when it's so hot outside. In many hot countries they actually refridgerate their pools!

Florida Newbie
    Just back after a few weeks. THe unheated pool was great for cooling down when the temp was 95F.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I always want the pool heat on whatever the time of year[:I]If you have a spa, to enjoy it at it's best it must be heated[8D]
    Ruth

Florida Chatterbox
    I am a real wimp and like the pool warm but in June July and August we do not have the pool heating on and i find the water warm enough.

Debbie
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2016.aspx

Florida Savvy
    Hi Marie

I had guests in last July who wanted pool heat; they had to have it turned off within 2 days as it was too hot.
    Harvey
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/273.aspx

Florida Junior
    Got to agree, theres nothing better than jumping into a nice cool pool on hot sweltering day!![:P][:P]

Florida Chatterbox
    Its much more ecological to avoid heating the pool unless you really need it - unless of course you have solar heating. I have read posts on here that solar heating in Fl is only partially effective, I can't understand why this is so as if you have ever been to Greece or Turkey on vacation everybody heats their shower and laundry water with solar power (those ugly tanks on the roof) and its piping hot, much hotter than pool water, same as you get out of the hot tap in UK.
    Maybe we don't have the same technology available in Fl? That would be hard to believe, the Greeks haven't landed on the moon yet so they can't be as technically advanced as the Floridians even if their civilisation is 5 thousand years older.