Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Anybody Been to Kuwait

Florida Expert

Anybody Been to Kuwait

Me and Mrs Peg have just booked to fly out to Kuwait next Thursday for a long weekend (spur of the moment thing) [msnsmile2]

Has anyone been there before and can give us a few tips on where we could go, what we could do or good places to eat etc. etc.

We are staying at the Al Manshar Rotana hotel in Fahaheel.

Also - we are flying with BA from Manchester to London then London direct to Kuwait. As we are going as a couple (the kids would have hated it anyway[msnwink]) are there any little tips that anyone knows of that could increase our chances of maybe getting an upgrade - or is it all a matter of luck.

Any advice from all you frequent flyers gratefully received

Mr & Mrs Pegasus

Florida Expert
    Hi Mr and Mrs Pegasus,

It's many years since I went to Kuwait, before the first Gulf War in fact. I went there often as BA cabin crew and loved it.

Regarding upgrades they are less frequent now as aircraft configurations have changed so much. It also depends a lot on the loads. You could take a risk and check in late but I wouldn't advise it as it could backfire and you might not be seated together. The best tip is to dress to impress [msnwink]

Have a great time and please tell us all about it when you get back.

I had to go their on business trips, and at this time of year it will be on the hot side of 110 degrees during the day, not uncommon to get into the 120's. (50C). The plane used to land near to midnight and as you step outside the heat is incredible. It's over 100 at this time of night.

Do you have a visa for Kuwait? i always needed one, but that was 5 years ago.

The downtown area is worth a visit, but only go after 5pm as all the shops shut for the afternoon.
    Wilf & Sarah