Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying your dollars

wrpac00
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mo Green
    I can beat all those rates. We always get our dollars when we arrive over here using our Nationwide debit card. Drew out some more yesterday at $2.0125 and no charges from Nationwide.
    [/quote]

Slightly limited though Mo as you have to have a Nationwide bank account and for the sake of a couple of £ for a couple a weeks of teh year its not worth changing bank accounts for, good for you though.

I use Xetrade and transfer it over to my US account, currently $1.99.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wrpac00
    I can beat all those rates. We always get our dollars when we arrive over here using our Nationwide debit card. Drew out some more yesterday at $2.0125 and no charges from Nationwide.
    [/quote]

Slightly limited though Mo as you have to have a Nationwide bank account and for the sake of a couple of £ for a couple a weeks of teh year its not worth changing bank accounts for, good for you though.

[/quote]

But you don't have to 'change' anything. Just open an account for that purpose and transfer money into it (electronically if you want) for each trip. No more effort than your system but an even better rate.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Slightly limited though Mo as you have to have a Nationwide bank account and for the sake of a couple of £ for a couple a weeks of teh year its not worth changing bank accounts for, good for you though.[/quote]

As Katy's Grandad suggests, why is it limited, and why would you change bank accounts?

Nationwide isn't my main bank. However I have some money in their on-line savings account at a very good rate of interest. When I need $$$$ in the USA I transfer some to the linked current account(Flexaccount)on-line and use my Nationwide debit card.

Most of the time I use my Nationwide credit card for $ purchases and settle the account from whatever bank I chose.

I also have a Citibank US$ & UK£ accounts.(again not my main bank) That is only used for the few firms that won't accept 'plastic' and insist on a cheque e.g. Property tax. The rate today is $1.976 which is still 3.5 cents worse than Nationwide.

Actually I wish Nationwide were my main bank(well Building Society)as they are excellent. It is just too much hassle to change all DDs etc.

I think I have researched just about every method of obtaining US$ and nothing is as good as Nationwide's debit and credit cards

Gold 5 Star Member
    I opened my Nationwide account just for my holiday spending money, I have since opened an E-savings account, as Roberts said it also has a very good rate and I can easily transfer my money back in to my Flex account when I need it.
    It's not just US dollars you get great rates for, it's also any currency in the world. I have used it in a few countries in Europe and I have friends that have used theirs in Australia & Hong Kong.

Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

When buying Dollars from M & S- do you just get currency in store?

Florida Chatterbox
    I too opened a Nationwide account and will transfer money into it before my trip as a backup / reserve for when we arrive

If we need anymore cash will use withdraw from or use nationwide account and no charges

I still have my original bank and will keep this for that reason

apply for nationwide account online and you should receive a card within 10 days

wrpac00
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wrpac00
    [/quote]

[/quote]

But you don't have to 'change' anything. Just open an account for that purpose and transfer money into it (electronically if you want) for each trip. No more effort than your system but an even better rate.
    [/quote]

I just think for the sake of about £12 in every £1000 spend is it really worth it? I don't draw that much cash out anyway, I use my Virgin CC which gives me a better return for my money (taking the airmiles into account) than the Nationwide CC does but I am not getting into that discussion again.[msnwink]

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Susan J
    When buying Dollars from M & S- do you just get currency in store?
    [/quote]

When we ordered some, it was delivered to our door[msnsmile2]
    mike

Aah I just wondered, as I hadn't seen or heard anything of it- never thought of that [doh]

Florida Expert
    We are in Florida at the moment, my brothers kids still haven't exchanged their money yet, anywhere near Calabay parc they could do this?

Thanks
    vicky