Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice wanted

Gold 5 Star Member
    You will be allowed in as a dependant over 18 providing you are in education of some kind, even courses at a community college will do. You will have to leave at 21 irrespective unless you change status to something else, such as international student, E2 manager. What you cannot do is work anywhere not even in your parents business. You can even enroll at high school in order to ratify your E2 dependant Status even at 18 or 19. My son actually did a year at high school at 18 having previously been at college in the UK. It was great for him, he made loads of friends and it established him in the US much easier than he would have done. He then went off to community college for two years. He had to change status at 21 and is now an international student at UCF. Someone on another forum is just taking her sons with her as dependants at 19 and 20, both are doing some community college courses.

Yer, I bought the tee shirt on this one!
    Julie

Florida Newbie
    Hehe, thank you very much! I really appreciate all your help and knowledge .

Gold 5 Star Member
    Look at Valencia Community college Orlando if that is where you are headed, there is a campus in Kissimmee ( Osceola campus) but if you take your driving test and can get to West Campus on Kirkman near Universal that is much nicer and more choice of courses. You can start community college either in August or January. E2 applications are currently taking 4-5 months through the London embassy. Good luck,
    Julie

Florida Newbie
    Hi everyone, i was interested to read that Ray seems to know about sponsorship for greencards, is it true that it could take only 2 years to gain a greencard if sponsored?

i am very interested if someone has more info?

can anyone help?

Florida Newbie
    Sorry to keep bugging with my questions.

Is it possible for someone under the title of an E2 Manager to go to University, even like part-time?

Gold 5 Star Member
    I did not know the answer to your question, MJ, but have done some research and this is what it says cut and pasted below. Please note that to qualify to take on a E2 manager as key employee a company has to be big enough to justify needing you, and you also need to be qualified for the post which is why i suggested a business studies course which you could do as an E2 dependant up to the age of 21. Seemingly you can attend college as an E2 manager though note if you are a key employee you could not do so full time as that would defeat the object of your key employment. Also it states that some colleges would consider you non resident for fees purposes, you need to check out individual colleges policies. Valencia certainly allowed my son to pay residents fees up to 21 ( he was E2 dependant.

" E2 visa Includes Key Employees

For those businesses with sufficient number of United States employees additional E-2 visas may be available for key managerial employees who are determined by the United States State Department to be necessary to the operation of the business in the United States. The number of employee E-2 visas depends on the size and complexity of the United States enterprise.

The dependents of the key E-2 employee are entitled to derivative status as in the case of the primary E-2 investor. These dependents may remain in the United States in E-2 visa status as long as the key E-2 employee remains employed by the E-2 business. The E-2 enterprise must continue to exist and continue to satisfy the investment criteria of the treaty. (For example the enterprise must remain owned 51% by the investors of the treaty country, must remain active in nature and must maintain a substantial investment in the United States.)

Dependents Permitted To attend School or College

The treaty investor and key employees may attend school on their E-2 Visa status. Their dependents are permitted to attend school or college until their twenty-first birthday without obtaining additional visas so long as they continue to qualify under the E-2 criteria. (Many colleges will allow attendance but will consider the E-2 students to be non-residents for tuition purposes.)

Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    Kerry and Andy, sponsorship by whom for what? Employment or family?
    Julie

Florida Newbie
    Thank you .

Was just a thought going through my head as my sister and myself are both taking courses in photography this year and may wish to persue the interest further.

Also, would be a good way of making new friends and a social life, even if just part-time.

Many thanks for all your help.

Your an angel .

Florida Newbie
    There is a website called imigrant2us.com forum there you will find more answers to your Qs
    im a member of that site and been through with them all for over 3yrs now and learned a lot about all types of visas ect

i hope that helps you

nigel<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KerryandAndy
    Hi everyone, i was interested to read that Ray seems to know about sponsorship for greencards, is it true that it could take only 2 years to gain a greencard if sponsored?

i am very interested if someone has more info?

can anyone help?
    [/quote]

Florida Newbie
    sorry...[V] the site is caled immigrant2us.net and not .com
    also there is another site called visajouney.com

There on both sites you can advise on all visas ect..

Hope that helps

Best wishes

Nigel