Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Retiring to Florida

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    I think Alan would be better as a meeter and greeter, he is such a lovely chap Mind you that might have a lower age limit of 80 so he's dipped there as well.

CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    The idea of the schemes people invest in for EB5 is that they are like pension funds, in fact many pension funds do invest in the same funds as EB5 applicants buy into just for the income with no immigration benefit, so the idea is you keep your money in and take income. If you put your money in a pension scheme in the UK you cant easily get at that either. There are some EB5 schemes however where there is contingency to get your money out such as the Jay Peak scheme where you are eventually given a condo that you can sell, the Philadephia scheme also has contigency for getting your money back after five years. I will admit the Seattle scheme does not other than selling your investment on.

If you wanted to sell a share in a limited partnership as they are called on, then you are not able to do so to another Eb5 applicant as the money must be at risk so the fact of whether or not the scheme comes to an end late next year ( it is likely to be extended) or not is irrelevant. I will admit that people who enter these schemes are likely to be in for the long term but the idea really is not that people will just invest until their green cards come through and then pull their money, what use would that be to the Americans, they have to get something out of it. I know a couple of people who have invested in these schemes and did so after weighing up the odds. It depends on your finances, for some people living in London the $500,000 at $2 to the £ isnt the major part of their fortunes.
    Julie

Florida Newbie
    if you are from the UK, you are in "rapture" by the so-called "Magic" of Florida.

if you are from the US, and in Florida, you know better. This is no "Magic Kingdom" here, it's the biggest scam ever created when it comes to housing, insurance, and just plain cost of living. And let's not get into the Health Care aspect of this miserable state. Might as well live in Canada. Anyone who says differently about Florida, definitely has some agenda to fulfill.

you have the money to burn it in Florida? Be my guest. Otherwise move to a Caribbean island or any nearby State where your money will last a lot longer and you will not be scammed by all the wolves that lurk in these Forests of Magic.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Fl is not so much different than any other State...we have healthcare and Ins troubles in MA..and the cost of living here is double that of FL...

I'm sure you have your reasons to dislike the place...but many Brits are very happy with their move there....