Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Entry Requirements Put on Hold

Gold 5 Star Member
    Steph

You've worried me now, we are going in July and was under the impression we would be ok with the
    kids on my wifes passport and still use the Visa Waiver system

Are you saying ive got it wrong (hope not)
    Chrisj

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think Steph's trying to tell you to renew your passports after your July visit but before 26 October 2004 or, when you go next time to the USA, you'll have to have biometric data on the new passports or get a visa. At least, I think that's what she meant!
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    That is what I was saying Blott and Chris, but I didn't know you were intending to go in July so didn't realise I'd get you worried, sorry about that, after you come back would be a good time to renew them. Otherwise after Oct the children would need their own and if it was issued after 26th would need either the biometric data or visa (yours would still be ok till March but then you will have the same problem.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Phewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

thanks blott and steph at least the trip for july is safe

actually this next trip im afraid will be our last for a while, we
    need to concentrate on our own holiday home and spend some time
    getting it up and running, thats why we have made it 3 weeks in July
    so we can really hit the town so to speak.

So im afraid Blott will have to take piccies of my lovely 192 for
    a few years until I get get back
    Chrisj

Gold 5 Star Member
    You're probably not going to believe this, but I think we've actually got videos of it - by day and by night!
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member

Actually I do for some strange reason

But dont ya just love it
    Chrisj

[:I]I spoke to the passport office today, as two of my children are on my passport and the guy said to ensure they have their own passports for our trip in June as the US are changing their minds all the time. I was hoping we would get away with this trip and then get the children their own passports thereafter. I'm wondering if anyone else can shed any light? Although I suppose he was an official!![:I]
    Karen Scott

Gold 5 Star Member
    I had an email reply from the passport office saying that we would be ok, we go in July and
    the kids are on my wifes passport ??

Virgin also say it is ok

The american embassey have also said that it is ok

Just seems to be a total muck up to me
    Chrisj

Florida Newbie
    quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
    All passports must be machine readable by Oct 2004 (which means by default that the children MUST have their own passports as the barcode can only contain information for one person. (This was originally proposed for Oct 2003 and was deferred until this year).

The latest ones (which there is still some negotiation about between countries) states that anyone who has a passport issued AFTER 26th Oot 2004 must have a passport containing biometric data if they wish to enter under the visa waiver scheme. These aren't available in the UK yet so it may mean some people having to apply for a visa or defer their trip until they are available.

Or have there been any later proposals/changes?

Correct, I reseached this quite a bit, to my knowledge this still stands, and it also says so on the US Embassy site in the UK. Considering that 33% of the visitors are from the UK. (According to the American tourist board)

I have quite a few friends in the travel trade here in the UK, and all I have spoken to re this new ruling have said that it has affected their bookings to the USA, a few have even cancelled, especially with people from the North of the country as they have to travel to London to get a Visa.

My first reaction was, annoyance, but I can understand America wanting to protect itself, just wished they put off the biometric passport until the UK gov can organise it. Quite happy to have fingerprints and photos.

Regards Drift.