Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. Entry Requirements Put on Hold

Gold 5 Star Member

U.S. Entry Requirements Put on Hold

For those of you rushing to obtain new passports for their children currently included on their own passport for travel to the US, the following information has just been received:[:I]

'Plans to introduce tough new requirements for travellers entering the United States, due to start October 1, have been put on hold for twelve months. The new regulations, part of anti-terrorism measures, apply to travellers from Western European and other developed countries including Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Brunei, whose nationals do not require visas to enter the US.

Under the new regulations, travellers must be in possession of machine-readable passports which can be scanned at airports and other points of entry. The postponement has been ordered by the US State Department after it was discovered that some of the 27 countries involved do not have the new-style passports.

To avoid problems at US airports next month, the authorities have informed the countries involved that they now have a further year to make the new identity documents available. One exception to the rule is Belgium, which already enforces its own machine-readable passport rules as part of its security requirements.'

Lesley

Gold 5 Star Member
    Lesley

Thats great at least it saves us having to get our kids passports for next July, and we
    can wait until our existing passports run out

Thanks for the info

Chris
    Chrisj

Gold 5 Star Member
    Lesley, can I just ask where you got this information from please?
    blott

Florida Expert
    The latest I have seen is that it is still not finally decided to postpone:

http://www.tinet.ita.doc.gov./tinews...20030911b.html

is the official US government website for tourism issues but the above news report was published on 11th September so something may have happened since then.
    I would suggest anyone travelling after October 2003 would be best to have a machine readable passport just in case as at the moment the situation seems confused.
    Angela

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Blott

Information was sent to us by our Company Travel Agent, Lonsdale Travel Group on their news bulletin, 'e-news'.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Chris
    As from 2nd Oct the childrens passports are going up to £25 and £42 for adults, there was a big advert today in the paper.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    How much are they prior to 2nd Octobr Steph? We need to get the children a passport each x 3 so may as well do it before then if we are going to save money!

Florida Chatterbox
    £19 for Kids (not sure for Adults)

Gold 5 Star Member
    quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum

Chris
    As from 2nd Oct the childrens passports are going up to £25 and £42 for adults, there was a big advert today in the paper.
    Just typical, lets hope they call it off, then we dont need to
    do any passports for another 2 years
    Chrisj

Florida Expert
    Oh good, at least I don't have to send mine off until next year now. Got another 18 months to run.