Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All You Cigar Smokers - Gotta Read This!

Florida Chatterbox

All You Cigar Smokers - Gotta Read This!

If you are a cigar smoker then Florida is the right place to buy - there is no tax on cigars except the 7% or whatever sales tax.
    You can't legally get Cuban imports, there are expensive fakes around but you can get everything else, including many grown from Cuban seed which are excellent and much much cheaper.
    Only problem is - where can you buy them at the right price? And the right product stored properly? There aren't many cigar stores any more and the one there are tend to be expensive.
    After years of looking I found one in Tampa who import huge quantities of cigars and sell all over the USA by mailorder, they also have a storefront near Tampa airport.
    They are dirt stinking CHEAP!

Have a look at thompsoncigar dot com

I can specially recommend Boxes (not bundles) of their Cuban Delight Churchills (made in Dom Rep from Cuban seed tobacco and a Conneticut wrapper), and the Sonador Maduro Wrapper Gordos or Gigantes if you like a really big cigar that lasts an hour or so!

Everyone likes something different and they also sell samplers, they'll even give you the odd one if you ask nicely, you can sit outside and smoke a few before buying a box.

Customs Limit is 50 cigars of any size into UK, so get big ones.

I reckon I save about £4 per cigar on UK prices and a dollar each cigar on other cigar shops in Fl so if if you are going to Busch Gardens its about 10 miles away from there.

They do not sell cigarettes, but do sell cigar accessories like humidors which can be good value.

You can apply online for a catalogue which may have a discount code printed on it, with that you can buy mailorder and maybe get them sent to your villa while you are in Florida if you don't want the drive, but I would recommend going there in person at least the first time.

Its like Cigar Heaven.

If you wnatb try and really good cigar, try the Sosa Family Pyramid Number 2, they have a a shop in Downtown Disney. One of the best cigars around. Cuban cigars are eay to get i florida, just ask a cuban[msnwink]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by anorak
    If you are a cigar smoker then Florida is the right place to buy - there is no tax on cigars except the 7% or whatever sales tax.
    You can't get Cuban imports but you can get everything else, including many grown from Cuban seed which are excellent.
    Only problem is - where can you buy them at the right price? And the right product stored properly? There aren't many cigar stores any more and the one there are tend to be expensive.
    After years of looking I found one in Tampa who import huge quantities of cigars and sell all over the USA by mailorder, they also have a storefront near Tampa airport.

Have a look at thompsoncigar dot com

I can specially recommend Boxes (not bundles) of their Cuban Delight Churchills, and the Sonador Maduro Wrapper Gordos or Gigantes if you like a big cigar!

Everyone likes something different and they also sell samplers, they'll even give you the odd one if you ask nicely, you can sit outside and smoke a few before buying a box.

I reckon I save about £4 per cigar on UK prices so if if you are going to Busch Gardens its about 10 miles away from there.

They do not sell cigarettes, but do sell cigar accessories like humidors which can be good value.

You can apply online for a catalogue which may have a discount code printed on it, with that you can buy mailorder and maybe get them sent to your villa while you are in Florida if you don't want the drive, but I would recommend going there in person at least the first time.

Its like Cigar Heaven.
    [/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    I buy genuine Cuban Guantanamera cigars in Spain,they are quite good and reasonably priced, I've always avoided getting involved in anything even slightly illegal in US as I value my clean criminal record.
    Somehow I always associate anything which is located around Disney as overpriced, even gas as you go up 535 goes up by 30c a gal or so as you approach Disney area.
    But we are not Disney people unlike most of the punters on here, we've still got unexpired tickets from before they opened Animal Kingdom.
    We'll use them one day I guess........when we have grandchildren.

Gold 5 Star Member

[/quote]

I do like the occasional good cigar but when I've brought a box of 50 home, I end up with about 35 stale ones. Even with a decent humidor, you'd have to be smoking about 5 a week to always have a nice 'moist' cigar. After 1 July, there won't be anywhere to smoke them anyway.

I will have a look at your recommendation though.

Its not illegal, cuban leaf is readily available for rolling, the stock is grown in Puerto Rico and as you mentioned the DR. The only other Sosa Shop is little Cuba in Miami, so it was handy having the shop in Downtown to buy them. You cannot buy Sosa cigars anywhere else, I was simply recommending a good cigar, budget is a different thing.
    I never look at the price of fuel, i just put in it and it goes. Any tourist area will carry premium prices, nothing new there.

I buy genuine Cuban Guantanamera cigars in Spain,they are quite good and reasonably priced, I've always avoided getting involved in anything even slightly illegal in US as I value my clean criminal record.
    Somehow I always associate anything which is located around Disney as overpriced, even gas as you go up 535 goes up by 30c a gal or so as you approach Disney area.
    But we are not Disney people unlike most of the punters on here, we've still got unexpired tickets from before they opened Animal Kingdom.
    We'll use them one day I guess........when we have grandchildren.
    [/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    This is also a cigar smokers Heaven

http://www.jrcigars.com/

WR
    WR

Florida Chatterbox
    I have been told - and found it to be true - that its not only the seed that the tobacco is grown from but also what the soil is like, how the cut leaf is matured, in what way, for how long etc.
    The Cubans really know how to do it,can take a few years to mature, in other countries some cigar companies rush it and you end up with a greatly inferior product.
    For me a true Cuban cigar is made in Cuba and as such has been illegal to import into US for a long time now. I think it was Kennedy who banned them but not before he ordered a big load of his favorite ones in for his smoking plesaure.
    Talk about double standards, still he was a politician.
    Anyway have a look at the thompsoncigar.com website, costs you nothing to look, but I guarantee that if you buy from them once you'll be buying again.
    They market cigars a bit like viking office products, get a catalog you'll see what I mean, but they really know what they are talking about when you're past the hype, and they are cheap.
    Thanks for the other link WR1, I'll be having a comparison with that one too. They are in North Carolina so you would pay shipping but probably not sales tax.

I used Thompson Cigar about 4 years to order Humidor liquid and I am still waiting for it to be delivered[msnsad].

I have been told - and found it to be true - that its not only the seed that the tobacco is grown from but also what the soil is like, how the cut leaf is matured, in what way, for how long etc.
    The Cubans really know how to do it,can take a few years to mature, in other countries some cigar companies rush it and you end up with a greatly inferior product.
    For me a true Cuban cigar is made in Cuba and as such has been illegal to import into US for a long time now. I think it was Kennedy who banned them but not before he ordered a big load of his favorite ones in for his smoking plesaure.
    Talk about double standards, still he was a politician.
    Anyway have a look at the thompsoncigar.com website, costs you nothing to look, but I guarantee that if you buy from them once you'll be buying again.
    They market cigars a bit like viking office products, get a catalog you'll see what I mean, but they really know what they are talking about when you're past the hype, and they are cheap.
    Thanks for the other link WR1, I'll be having a comparison with that one too. They are in North Carolina so you would pay shipping but probably not sales tax.

[/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    Thats bad, I don't think I would have left it so long, I use something called propylene glycol in mine, think it might be the generic form of the brandname product, its not expensive while they charge about twenty odd $$ for the liquid.

I bet if you called Thompson they might put things right, they seem pretty much into decent customer service from what I know of them.

I ordered some leather conditioning products, about $70 worth, on Ebay recently and it didn't come. I queried it and got a tracking number, UPS said they delivered it to my front door but could not produce a signature.
    I found it a week later in my neighbours porch where it had been left all that time.
    Even when I am in UPS or Fedex or USPS often just ring the doorbell, drop the package and are off down the drive before I can get there.

Lucky we live in a safe crimefree (so far) street.

We are now back in the UK so it really is not wrth the hassle trying to sort it out now. I had ordered it to bring back with me. Pretty sure I disputed the charge on my CC.

Thats bad, I don't think I would have left it so long, I use something called propylene glycol in mine, think it might be the generic form of the brandname product, its not expensive while they charge about twenty odd $$ for the liquid.

I bet if you called Thompson they might put things right, they seem pretty much into decent customer service from what I know of them.

I ordered some leather conditioning products, about $70 worth, on Ebay recently and it didn't come. I queried it and got a tracking number, UPS said they delivered it to my front door but could not produce a signature.
    I found it a week later in my neighbours porch where it had been left all that time.
    Even when I am in UPS or Fedex or USPS often just ring the doorbell, drop the package and are off down the drive before I can get there.

Lucky we live in a safe crimefree (so far) street.
    [/quote]