Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Yotel: Handy for delays!

Florida Chatterbox

Yotel: Handy for delays!

An innovative new cabin hotel is opening at Gatwick Airport's South Terminal.

Yotel, from the company behind the Yo! Sushi chain, was inspired partly by Japanese capsule hotels and partly by First-Class cabins on aircraft, and offers small rooms equipped with en-suite bathrooms, free Wi-Fi, and entertainment systems.

The hotel is located within the terminal building at Gatwick, meaning that passengers can be sure they are no more than a few minutes' walk from the check-in desk if they have early morning flights to catch.

Cabins come as premium or standard, with economy versions to be launched soon. Premium and standard rooms are big enough for two people and feature room service.

They can also be rented out for several hours rather than a whole night, which will be particularly beneficial for those whose flights are delayed.

Prices for a standard cabin begin at £25 for four hours and £55 for an overnight stay, while a premium cabin costs £40 for four hours and £80 overnight.

Bookings can be made online at www.yotel.com from July 1.

Following the 32-cabin Gatwick location, another Yotel will be opened inside the Terminal 4 building at Heathrow later this year.

Yo! founder Simon Woodroffe commented: "Travelling can be a painful experience so we are looking to make it as pleasurable as possible for Yotel customers. We expect this radical approach to be extremely popular with a range of consumers and are looking to expand Yotel globally."
    Tony
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1379.aspx

Florida Junior
    what a superb idea, could probably get the checkin crew to come and wake you up for your flight[msnsmile2]

Gold 5 Star Member
    i think it's a great idea too, how i would long for something similar when getting off that return flight at manchester and knowing you've a 3 hour jouney to get home

you could book in for 6-8 hours have a great sleep and then drive home[msnsmile]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Cabin in my opinion seems to imply small but they do seem reasonably priced especially if you do get delayed
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mizzy
    i think it's a great idea too, how i would long for something similar when getting off that return flight at manchester and knowing you've a 3 hour jouney to get home

you could book in for 6-8 hours have a great sleep and then drive home[msnsmile]
    [/quote]

Marie have you looked into booking a 'day' room in a hotel? I knoe some hotel do this for exactly this reason[msnwink]

Florida Expert
    I think it is a great idea. However, as Julie said you can book certain airport hotels for 4 hours after a long flight. Travelodge is only £15 a night.
    Mary