Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: our big mistake moving to florida

Florida Chatterbox
    i have just seen this has come again to the top of the discussion. i haven't been on here for ages. to many bad memories and sad memories.
    but i thought i would update as people have been asking.

this is mine and my families life. it is truthful and from my heart as i have always said how i feel.

We have had 2 long term renters in since we moved back - our neighbors looked after our house.

before the 2nd family moved in (a good Christian family that goes to Church every week) as i was told (not sure why religion had to raise its head) we put down new carpets, repainted and cleaned (thanks to my neighbors) they moved in as my neighbors went to the same church and said they were good and decent people. I was slightly concerend as they had 6 children.
    Anyhow they couldn't afford the deposit and change over to the utilities, i agreed to help out and said the deposit could be paid over 2 months. and i would keep the utilities in my name for 2 months until they could put it in their names. they would pay for what ever they used.
    they received a government check each month that exceeded the rent - and for the first couple of months the rent was paid on time. then it was a couple of weeks late, i would email them and ask what date we would receive it. i explained to them that the utilites would be taken out of my name in February (they moved in, in November) they agreed to this, and i waited for the remainder of the money which i asked for many times.
    we had an email from them saying the the stove wasn't working, i said that as soon as the rent was paid for the previous month i would get a new one (as they had already had the gas company out) they didn't pay the rent. so i didn't get a stove. (which we found out later that one of their son's had issues and would pee in the oven when he didn't get his own way) maybe that was why it didn't work!
    they wouldn't answer the phone, wouldn't reply to emails, so our neighbors would check up on the house.
    In June 09 i sent them an email saying that if the rent wasn't paid they would really have to move out. they owed over $4,000. they sent an email back saying i was the worst landlord, and they were moving out. they moved out 2 weeks later.

we had some fantastic english friends that i asked to go round to make sure it was locked up about a week later. this is where the fun starts.
    the front door was locked, he went round the back - all the patio doors were open and the windows, the smell of urine was over powering. there were maggots in the fridge with food both in the fridge and freezer. MY HOUSE was wrecked.

OMG why would people do this. Since September hubby has stopped paying the mortgage as he doesn't want the house (although i do) anyhow it came to a head this week when i couldn't ignore the constant calls from the mortgage company. i spoke to them, and explained the situation. i then decided that i'm not going to let the mortgage company take my house away from us, and said i would find the £1000 that is owed since September to pay the mortgage. i told my hubby that he had to go to florida and get the house cleaned up and ready so that we can rent it again - although we are trying so hard to sell it. he is going out for 32 days to sort our house out, on his own as i couldn't go as the kids need to go to school etc. he needs help. we need help.

we are still renting and we would never treat this house as a trash hole. why would people treat our house so disgusting beggers belief.

we have nearly lost everything due to wanting a new life in florida and i am not prepared to lose our house, our 1 last investment that we have because of a family that had no respect for other peoples property.

i am not after sympathy its hard enough. with tears in my eyes i am not going to fail at everything.

if anyone has any of the following in florida that hubby could borrow (i) would appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.

steps to get to the ceiling,
    ride on lawn mower
    gas strimmer
    general tools like screwdrivers, plyers,

Mrs. Babypowder, I can't help out with any of the things that you need, but I just wanted to offer some sympathy to you. I can't begin to imagine what you are going through, and I truly hope that it will all come out right in the end. Perhaps the new year will bring a change for you.

Nuala
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3291.aspx

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Mrs. Babypowder, what a terrible story, I am so sorry to here of your situation, I have always wnated a villa but your story makes me glad I just rent.
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    So sorry to read that. So many sad stories over the last couple of years, three homes on our street of around fifteen homes in foreclosure. Our best friends left two days ago, they had been on E2, they had lost everything. Have been in many homes which were being re-furbed after long term rental giving quotes out. Many were trashed and left in a disgusting state. I am sure not all long term renters are like that, but it does seem a proportion are. Just no respect for other peoples property and no respect for themselves to live like that.
    Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    I agree with the way people leave a long term rental a lot of the time...I've seen a lot of damage done by renters..my daughters boyfriend just moved into a rental and we are painting in up and putting in a new floor..they will be there a few years..

We have a long term rental house in Winter Haven. The last renters left it in an awful state it was absolutely filthy
    They were there for around 18 months and I don't think they had cleaned it once! We have cleaned it up painted it and
    put some new carpet down and it is up for sale. Having said that we had 2 lots of renters in previously and they left
    it spotless.

Florida Chatterbox
    i have been on an emotional rollercoaster in the last couple of years, with everything to do with FLORIDA and our house. I still love the place and my wish would be to still be there.
    Terry is going out in 6 days time, omg what am i going to do? i have to find a good management company that deals with long term rental, i have got all the utilities ready to go on. There is so much that i have to do this end to help Terry afford the bits that he needs, I will be car booting every weekend (please don't let it rain)
    Not a sob story - i'm stronger today - i got it out of my system and i have to look to the future. i did say to Terry today that it maybe a good idea to just leave it empty, as the mortgage is affordable, and try and sell it (although its been up for sale with buy owner for 3 years)
    i really wished last year when they moved out that a hurricane would destroy it and we could claim on the insurance. lol

anyhow, i really want to say a huge thank you to everyone for reading this thread. it has been so good to let people know that its not always greener on the otherside. Unless you have a lot of money and a great job that you could use in Florida you COULD and i say that with honesty and compassion end up like a lot of people that have tried and failed to live in Florida. To holiday there is fantastic, to live there is hard.

Happy New Year.
    xoxo[angel]

I hope 2010 will be a turning point for your family
    You seem a strong person & I am sure things will get better
    A happy new year to you & your family[cheers]
    Carol

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi.

I don't have a villa so do not have any of the items you are in need of but what i do have is a good pair of hands and would be willing to spend one of our chill out days helping out in February if it would help you? Not sure when there is someone over there in your villa but we fly out on 12th February for 2 weeks.
    Garry Pullan

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gpullan
    Hi.

I don't have a villa so do not have any of the items you are in need of but what i do have is a good pair of hands and would be willing to spend one of our chill out days helping out in February if it would help you? Not sure when there is someone over there in your villa but we fly out on 12th February for 2 weeks.[/quote]What a kind gesture, well done that man. [clap][clap][clap]

Dave