Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: our big mistake moving to florida

Florida Chatterbox
    I forgot to mention, if you need door handles and basins etc there is a cheap place for secondhand materials called HabitatforHumanity up along West Colonial (SR50) just a couple of miles off I4 north of Downtown Orlando. Don't bother with the OBT one in Kissimmee, its expensive and not much good stuff.
    If you need used locks re-keyed then HomeDepot do it for $5 a lock, thats how you can get all matching keys for your home, or different keys when tenants change.

Chrissy thats just it I have the full idea, the whole picture and experience, yet advice went unheeded. I actually reclaimed two homes for people with bad renters in and repaired one free of charge).

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
    Some people have no idea Hon...its easy for me to say take no notice but that would be of little help...most of us here care that you took the time to tell us your story..and I for one hope it helps and can carry on helping..

We all make mistakes...but the price you paid is way more than anyone should...I wish you lots of luck for the future...if I can be of any help...a phone call for a chat...I've been doing that for expats for 9 years now..or if you wish me to check on your home in 6 weeks when I'm in FL just drop me a line in PM..you are also most welcome to let off stream in our Expats forum I think you are a member..if you need a link just PM..[msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Telling someone who is in trouble that they brought it on themselves is not helpfull, you may know what Elaine needs to do but your attitude and lack of compassion is not helping. I am sure she would be grateful for any helpful advice but not if it is given condescendingly.
    Lyn

Well maybe advice should have been taken it in the first place, I offered plenty of advice a while back, which was ignored. There are a number of good MCs on the same subdivision.
    However if anyone else is more qualified than I on this thread to offer advice, please feel. Or we can just have an endless thread on how sorry we all are, which is getting a little boring. I am pretty sure professional services would have been offered at the time, this is the result you get for not using them, they are not expensive and would be built into the rental. Compassion is not going to help and neither is giving up vacation time to put the house back to square 1. It will simply happen again.
    We are not getting the whole picture, as the photos of the pool tell me a completely different story to neglect by renters.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lyn
    Telling someone who is in trouble that they brought it on themselves is not helpfull, you may know what Elaine needs to do but your attitude and lack of compassion is not helping. I am sure she would be grateful for any helpful advice but not if it is given condescendingly.
    [/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
    Well maybe advice should have been taken it in the first place, I offered plenty of advice a while back, which was ignored. There are a number of good MCs on the same subdivision.
    However if anyone else is more qualified than I on this thread to offer advice, please feel. Or we can just have an endless thread on how sorry we all are, which is getting a little boring. I am pretty sure professional services would have been offered at the time, this is the result you get for not using them, they are not expensive and would be built into the rental. Compassion is not going to help and neither is giving up vacation time to put the house back to square 1. It will simply happen again.
    We are not getting the whole picture, as the photos of the pool tell me a completely different story to neglect by renters.[/quote]thank you kindly for your helpful advice. it is much appreciated. i have read everything you've said and put things into motion. i won't keep this thread going and bore anyone anymore, it was my personal experience and that was all.

Elaine

Florida Junior
    Elaine, very sorry to have heard of Terry's discoveries at the villa. I was going to pop round with some tools but didn't know if you all have made the decision to walk away from the property or not.

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Osceola
    Elaine, very sorry to have heard of Terry's discoveries at the villa. I was going to pop round with some tools but didn't know if you all have made the decision to walk away from the property or not.
    [/quote]

Hello, we have decided to stick with it, he is at the villa until 8 feb. Thank you so much for your offer he could probably use something.

Elaine

Florida Junior
    Elaine, would you PM me with the villa address?

Happy to help.

Elaine, I am very sorry to hear what has happened to you, we had something very similar happen with Long Term Renters when we first owned our villa 17 years ago. I know how heartbreaking it is, though we did not have stuff stolen. I think that is despicable of your neighbours to do this. Do you know if they have got the other stuff taken from your home? Can the sherif help?

I know you may find this hard, but Martin is doing his best to help, so do go back and re read, he is offering some very valuable advise. I wish we had of had something like this to turn to back when we went through what we did.

Stay strong.

Elaine, I have to agree with Karen. Martin - in his way - has been offering you sound advice and assistance. Yes, it does feel nice when people pour in with their offers of sympathy (me being one of them on an early post) but at the end of the day, you need to put your emotions to one side, swallow your pride and listen to what Martin has to say. He is correct that you should have had a Licenced Property Manager handling any LTR rental, and not just signed your paperwork and had your next door neighbour look after the property. Look what happened. That is not 'I told you so' it is fact that this rental was not sorted out professionally with a reputable Property Manager.

I am pleased to learn that your hubby has decided to get on with the work. You have had several offers of help, but again, take heed of what Martin is telling you even if your pride is hurt and use Licensed Contractors. If I was in your position, I would be sending Martin a private message and asking him what to do next. Please also remember that written words sometimes can appear to be harsh, and let us not forget, Martin is going though his own personal huge tragedy with the loss of his son a couple of weeks ago.

We all have our own person tragedies, yours is the loss of possessions, Martin's is a totally different loss and believe me I have been through both and know which is worse.

Good luck and think long and hard before you act in a rush.

Sandra