Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: our big mistake moving to florida

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gpullan
    Hi.

I don't have a villa so do not have any of the items you are in need of but what i do have is a good pair of hands and would be willing to spend one of our chill out days helping out in February if it would help you? Not sure when there is someone over there in your villa but we fly out on 12th February for 2 weeks.
    [/quote]

I really and truly want to say thank you for your kind offer, to offer a day of helping strangers is beyond kindness. But he is leaving on the 8th Feb.
    Enjoy your holiday and i wish you all the love that i can offer.

Thank you
    Elaine

Florida Chatterbox
    No problem at all Elaine, i was happy to offer some help doing whatever was needed.

I hope the trip is a successful one and i wish you all the very best for the future.

As for us, i hope the reports of both cold weather in florida and the continuing big freeze in the UK don't spoil/delay our 2 weeks over there. It's taken some saving for this one so fingers crossed for a bit of good fortune!.
    Garry Pullan

Florida Chatterbox
    Well an update - Terry got into the US. we were worried, because we overstayed before we left, but he had no problems. which was a huge worry for us, that he would be turned around at the airport. He is going to the house today and tell me the state of the house. get ready i'll put it all on here.......

Fingers crossed that it won't be as bad as you are anticipating!

Nuala
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3291.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    OMG - Terry has been round to the house. It has been broken into and vandalized. there is no cooker, fridge/freezer, taps, basins, microwave, door knobs, light switches. i feel so sick. i honestly didn't think it would be this bad. i need to digest what he has just told me. i be back on later

Gold 5 Star Member ShirleyCottam's Avatar
    I feel so bad for you, what a nightmare, all you have been through, and now this!

I wish there was something I could do to help, but being in the UK it is difficult to help out!

I hope the weather is good for you Gary, have a great holiday
    Shirley

My heart goes out to you Elaine, it sickens me to think that we live in a society where people think that they have a right to do this to other peoples property and belongings without a care for the families that have to live with the consequences of their despicable actions. It makes me so angry and sad on your behalf Elaine and Terry [}][msnmad]
    Wendy

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ShirleyCottam
    I feel so bad for you, what a nightmare, all you have been through, and now this!

I wish there was something I could do to help, but being in the UK it is difficult to help out!

I hope the weather is good for you Gary, have a great holiday
    [/quote]

thank you so much Shirley.

i am sitting here waiting for Terry to download a video he made. why didn't our neighbors see anything? surely it must have taken 2 people to carry the stuff out of my house? what else can happen to us? i never in a million years expected this.
    I am renting a house that we have been in since we moved back and it has been decorated, looked after and loved. i would never disrespect anyones property. But it has happened to me. We will never get the chance to own our own house again. This is all thanks to Florida. i need to cry but my kids are at home and i cannot show them how upset i am.
    I have given the final choice to Terry - if he wants to leave it and let the mortgage company have it - thats fine, if he wants to do it up and get it rented or sold - thats fine. I have always said what i think we should do. i can't keep wrecking our lives over it. I am so proud of Terry for going out there when he didn't want to.
    i am praying so hard that we win the lottery on saturday so that we can buy a house, our own house, somewhere to do up how we want. Where we can invest for our children. Let me dream it saves my heartbreak.[msnsad]

Oh no what terrible news for you [:O] Do you have insurance?

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by canarypam
    Oh no what terrible news for you [:O] Do you have insurance?[/quote]no insurance - reason being we didn't know what we were going to do with the house and cancelled the insurance in november and we also couldn't afford it.

things happen for a reason and i am trying to work out what we have done that was so bad to get this.