Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: our big mistake moving to florida

Elaine

Hang on in there. Just try to take one day at a time. You will be surprised in a few months where the time has gone. I am sure you will pick yourself up, dust yourself off and go from there.

Good luck with any future plans that you may eventually have.
    [grouphug]

The weather is so awful that it won't be helping you. Even for those of us who still live in UK and not taken a chance with a move to US, this rain is depressing to say the least.[gun]

Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    I see many lifes every day messed up by people moving so they'll not have a 'what if' in their future....trouble is...you leave one 'what if' behind...and live with tons of ''what ifs everyday....I've seen families lose everything time and time again...many wishing they had never left the UK...

Florida Chatterbox
    Welcome back to UK, are you still waiting for your funiture container? Did you manage to sell your house? Did you ship a car back or did you manage to sell them OK for a reasonable figure?
    I do hope everything works out for you, you are a hard worker, it will be OK given a little time.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Frosty
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Genie
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by anorak
    Mrs BP, I have heard there is money in puppy breeding, but I wouldn't mention it to Cruella. [/quote]

Now there is an idea[}]
    [/quote]

Forget it !! I've been doing that for 25 years ! I haven't made any money yet !!
    [/quote]

This from the Lady who independently owns her own villa in Fl which she seems to visit a hell of a lot!!!![msnwink]
    [/quote]

LOL
    It's being able to rent it out that has been a sucess !!!
    You should see my vet bills !!!!![msncry]
    Jean

Florida Chatterbox
    Well my update 9 months back in the UK.

We are living in Selsey, renting a wonderful house. We managed to rent our house in Florida on a years lease. Nice American family living there now. Missing it terribly. We have had more downs than ups - On September 14th my maltese dog called Charley was run over in front of me. Still gets to me badly. We found a house in Littlehampton - but 2 days before moving in the landlord told us that he didn't want to rent it. We had a rough time living with relatives. Anyhow we finally found a gorgeous house in Selsey, and we are very happy living here (except for the neighbors!)

I have been signed off from work long term because my sciatica has got a lot worse. In Florida i hardly took any pain killers the heat helped greatly. I now have my blue badge, makes me sound bad.

We brought a 40ft container back with us and loads of problems there, the shipping company in the UK never got their money from the company that we used to move in Florida. And so we have been taken to court - at the moment it is with the judge.

On good news we had a litter of maltese puppies and kept our new boy called Harvey. A mini Charley! I am trying to get Harvey to do Hi 5 (Charley did it)

I am trying to sell off some big bits that we have left that we can't fit in - to be honest we really need the money, so i hope someone wants them. I still have a load of Wedding dresses, Prom, Mother of the Bride, Bridesmaids, Flowergirl dresses and a ton of Plus size clothes from Lane Bryant (where i worked)

On another good note i am having a lapband operation to lose weight - my dream, i have tried every other way and now with my sciatica i can't even exercise. I am hoping that when the weight comes off my sciatica will get better.

Well i better go now and finish dinner.

Elaine

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    I saw you on earlier today Elaine, nice to hear from you and theat you are coming out the other side albeit with a few ups and downs.
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    Nice to read your update. You went back just as we arrived back in Florida. I must admit it is a struggle here at the moment because the economy is in such a poor state.
    We took a load of stuff to Portugal from Florida. It doesnt quite fit non Florida homes, does it?? Fortunately we sold our house furnished so it is all still back there. I sometimes wonder if it is worth it though, we also had loads of problems with our shippers, seems to be par for the course.
    Julie

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Elaine

Nice to have you back. Hopefully, all the bad bits are behind you now and you can start looking forward to a more positive future. I hope the operation goes well and improves the sciatica. My hubby has a bad back and it is terrible. Even worse when he got sciatica but thankfully his didn't last. Have fun with the new doggy as well they can bring so more joy, though he will never replace Charley. Good luck for the future and I hope you have turned a corner now.

Sandra

Elaine, really nice to hear from you. I'm sorry thinkgs haven't gone too well over here, but I wish for you a fresh start with your operation and and a new puppy (best friend) things are surely looking up.

Stay positive. Elaine

Elaine
    Thank you for sharing your story, and I hope things are all smiles from now on
    I have learned a lot from your posts, which I have committed to my failing memory for the future
    If we jump across the pond, we need:-
    lots of money [if only for the shoes wh!]
    A home here for the 1st 5 years in case it doesn't pan out
    A business which we are experienced in, and are willing to be there 7 days a week
    A strong understanding of taxes
    Actually, as I write this, it doesn't sound much different than living here!! _ I may just stick to hols after all

I do hope you settle in Selsby, and now, if nothing else, you know who your friends are, and what is important in life -so enjoy those things -you deserve it.