Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: our big mistake moving to florida

Gold 5 Star Member
    Elaine, so sorry ro read your story [grouphug]
    I wish you and your family the best of luck on your return to the UK and hope that you can rebuild quickly and be happy again.

Do keep in touch and let us know how you get on....

Julie

Taxes? Give me the usa tax system anyday. I really miss it[msncry]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mrsbabypowder
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    Elaine, Can I ask you an honest question please about your experiences?

Did you have any experience in the bridal game before you bought the business and what made you choose that particular business, It seems to be such a minefield when choosing the right business, it scares the h*ll out of me!

I am glad you found someone to buy it in the end althought she sounds like a "right yin" as we Scots say.

[/quote]Hey, no i had no experience at all in the Bridal Business, i wish we had bought into FOOD. It is the one business that would make loads of money. A Subway would be excellent - i always had dreams of opening a English Tea Room. There is so much opportunity here, but you need money. And don't start talking to me about the taxes....ehhhhhhhhh
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mrsbabypowder
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    Elaine, Can I ask you an honest question please about your experiences?

Did you have any experience in the bridal game before you bought the business and what made you choose that particular business, It seems to be such a minefield when choosing the right business, it scares the h*ll out of me!

I am glad you found someone to buy it in the end althought she sounds like a "right yin" as we Scots say.

[/quote]Hey, no i had no experience at all in the Bridal Business, i wish we had bought into FOOD. It is the one business that would make loads of money. A Subway would be excellent - i always had dreams of opening a English Tea Room. There is so much opportunity here, but you need money. And don't start talking to me about the taxes....ehhhhhhhhh
    [/quote]

A tearoom is something I fancied myself Elaine, mind you I would probaly eat the profits!
    CDV

We said that there is a fish and chip shop near PUBLIC near the hwy 192
    and we have seen a few in .
    May be a tea and scone shop also gateux and not over the top prices[msnsmile2]
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Mrs BP, I have heard there is money in puppy breeding, but I wouldn't mention it to Cruella. I am sorry that the bridal shop didn't work out for you, I wouldn't like to try to run a retail business in Fl, you were brave to try.
    Someone mentioned Subway, Subway as well as being the cheapest national food franchise to buy is also the least successful however with more franchisees just giving up after a while.
    There seems to be good money in Chinese takeaway, we just aren't the right people for it however. And its late hours.
    Too many pizza, wings, burgers stores etc.
    Maybe its just our area which is saturated, I tried to find somewhere for takeaway in Sanford last week and had a bit of a job locating one, but there again I don't know the area so well.
    Good Luck and it was great to meet you last Christmas.

Florida Expert
    Elaine I'm sorry to hear your story. It's important that people share the realities -- that's what makes this a great forum. The other thing that helps is people actually care about one another on this forum, even though many of us have never met or even spoken. Sometimes if you close your eyes you can feel the [grouphug] - try it!

It's hard , but you can hold you head up and say that you tried and everything you did you did with the best intentions. You may be short of cash for a while , but soon you will have a home of your own and you can pick yourself up again.

You sound like a fighter, and your family will keep you motivated - once a mother always a mother. Good luck form the next chapter in your life. I hope the children settle into school quicky , that you find work and that you get a sense of belonging very soon.
    Jo

ELAINE .
    Failing business can happen any were in the world and more so here in the UK .
    Our business tax is bad for anyone in any area of running a business be ir big or small and is a mine field with our tax system .
    Wehave moved around in UK running buiness and believe me it is not a bed of rosies .
    Good luck for the future in all you do .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by anorak
    Mrs BP, I have heard there is money in puppy breeding, but I wouldn't mention it to Cruella. [/quote]

Now there is an idea[}]
    CDV

Florida Expert
    Sorry to hear about your experience Elaine but as others have said at least you tried, remember "WHAT DOSEN'T KILL US MAKES STRONGER" and you will get through this.

Florida Expert
    elaine you seem to be a southern bird but if you have any consideration for flying to the nth east of england i would gladly offer you a refurbished 3 bedder at short notice. albeit terraced! but i reckon your 414 posts are good enough reference.

by the way where did the babypowder handle come from?[msnwink]
    Trev