Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: our big mistake moving to florida

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by owen3
    Sorry it did not work out for you Elaine, but at least you gave it a try.
    Barbara
    [/quote]

Mrs BP, at least you gave it a go, if you never had you would always have wondered.

And we got to meet because of it[msnwink]
    Neil & Kay

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
    I have to say if the business was so bad I am surprised that you managed to sell it and you were lucky to do so. Did it sell to another visa applicant or to a US citizen?

It was brave of you sharing that story, am sorry that you are going home without anything. It must be hard on your daughter, I know my teenage son quickly became an American and would take the pledge of allegiance tomorrow if he could. My story is somewhat different. The E2 business we bought was bad also, but we picked ourselves off the floor and started something else. We were there for nearly four years and though we had to leave late last year, it was due to visa renewal problems due to a technicality and nothing to do with the business we had which we also managed to sell. We were lucky and came home with considerably more than we went out with. I am currently in Portugal ( I would agree about keeping a property in the UK, Martin, the property ladder there had moved on without us!) but want to go back to Florida and will one day do that, it gets in your blood. My son was lucky enough to get his own visa to go back, international students visa, though his fees are very costly. As Chrissy says there are forums out there with returning to the UK sections where you can share your story and pick up some tips, if she hasnt already dm-ed you, let me know.
    [/quote]
    We were so lucky to sell the business. An American girl came in for a job one day - she had a lot of experience and used to work for the previous owner. ( a ray of sunshine i thought ) she told me that she was interested in buying the business as it was something she had always wanted ( her parents are rich - which was a blessing ) But things would get stressed for me because she would enter the store on the day it was closed to go through computers, files etc etc. when i found out i hit the roof. she got her attorney to write me a letter saying that the deal would be off if i stopped her entering the store. she had a very good attorney.......

anyhow she still ended up buying the business. And here we are today.

Chelsey my daughter wants to marry an American tomorrow if she could....i am trying.....he has to be wealthy, kind and loving (yes i put wealthy first)she would love to stay here - i have nightmares that she runs away the night before we go, just so she can stay here.....mmmm wake up Elaine....

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by andrewandcarole
    A very brave post indeed.

I felt sick for you as I read it..........hope things look up when you get back to the UK.

Carole
    [/quote]thank you Carole.

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    A very brave post indeed and sober reading to some of those who are planning on moving out there. Thanks for sharing it with us - it can't have been easy.
    [/quote]i appreciate your words, it took a long time to come to terms with what happened and in a few years we will look back at it and laugh. but it is still raw - and it hurts.

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
    Elaine, thank you for posting, and Yes it was very brave of you[grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]

We had an offer to move over in 2004 as my husbands business at the time was doing some work in the US and we were told there would be lots more, and for a little while we were tempted but decided not too and thank godness as the work over there has virtually dried up and we would have been in dire straits[msnsad]

I wish you all the best once you get back to the UK, do you know where in the UK you will live?

All the best[grouphug]
    [/quote]
    Thanks Julie, We are moving back to Worthing Sussex, My sister who has a 3 bedroom house said we could stay there a couple of weeks to find somewhere to live. There are going to be 8 people in her house - gosh the tension,..... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    Elaine, I know it has been hard for you in the last few months and thanks for being honest about your experience.
    [/quote]hi CDV it has helped me to write it down to be honest. I will keep in touch and let everyone know what we are doing in the UK

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mizzy
    wishing you and your family much happiness for the future Elaine[grouphug]

marie
    [/quote]thank you Marie - i will share it with my family

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by TonyBlenk
    Thank you for sharing your experiences.
    I sincerely hope your life will soon be back to a more positive outlook.

[/quote]i am sure we will get our lives back to where we were before we moved to Florida. I pray every night that we will make something of our lives again in England.

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nikki D
    A really sad post, I hope you get your life back on track really soon. Sorry things went so wrong for you. Best of luck to you and your family for the future [grouphug]
    [/quote]Thanks Nikki

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kazzie
    So sorry that things did not turn out well for you Elaine. I wish you all the best once you return to the UK.

Karen
    [/quote]thank you Karen