Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MyTravel - Airtours Flight Quality

Florida Chatterbox

MyTravel - Airtours Flight Quality

For the first time for years we took a Mytravel flight from Sanford to Gatwick which arrived this morning.
    It was an Airbus A330, loos were disgusting, they weren't serviced (i.e. mopped out etc) during the 9 hour flight. Cabin crew said they were always like that.
    Seats were jampacked but survivable (no bad back yet), an on board upgrade for £110 one way was offered to Premiair.
    Food was not as good as First Choice or Virgin, very sparse.
    Service was limited to stewardesses/stewards doling out the grub left and right as they sped down the aisles.
    No bottle of water provided, water at Sanford is about £2 for a litre size.
    In flight entertainment seemed to work, luckily I sleep through most of any flight.
    Loads of screaming toddlers kicking the backs of seats ,( not directly behind us fortunately) at least down the back of the plane where we were, row 40.
    From Row 40 back the outside seats are only 2 deep so if you get these marked a and c they will be next to each other, gives you a bit more side room in c to overhang the very wide aisle that is to the side of those rows.
    Also on the plus side it was very cheap at £169 return, if I was paying more than this I would rather go First Choice which we find a somewhat more pleasant experience.

Flight was on time leaving and arriving.

As an extra bit of info Sanford DutyFree have 3 cartons of Superkings and variants for $72 at the moment which is about £12 per carton.
    3 cartons is of course above the limit for a couple.

One customs officer on duty at the green lane this morning around 8am at Gatwick, don't know why anyone would be interested in that, obviously duty rosters may change. As usual the customs were giving attention to single travellers.

Florida Expert
    [msnscared] Oh no I fly from manchester to sanford with them next friday. I was just starting to look forward to my flights as my sister said one of the villa owners traveled premier gold with them and loved it. Im also flying premier gold and now you have me on a downer again.
    Please someone say something good about my travel just to please me [msnsmile2]
    Nikki D

Florida Expert
    Nikki, we have travelled with My Travel many time in Premier Gold, lovely wide seats, plenty of leg room, first on and off the plane, food was just ok last year when we went, could not fault anything on the flight but seemed a bit cramped in the normal economy seats.
    You will be fine, and have a great time
    Wish it was me going Eric

Florida Expert
    Thanks very much for that I feel much better now. Im really looking forward to flying premier. I have yet to enjoy any meal in flight with any airline. Looking forward to the extra room. Thanks again Eric [msnsmile2]
    Nikki D

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nikki D
    Thanks very much for that I feel much better now. Im really looking forward to flying premier. I have yet to enjoy any meal in flight with any airline. Looking forward to the extra room. Thanks again Eric [msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

Nicola I was telling you only last week about lot's of positive posts I read about people flying with My Travel.
    Now <span style="color:red">STOP WORRYING</span id="red">
    Paula

You tell her sis!!

Hope you are well Paula.

Jude
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1964.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have not had any problems with My Travel. Angela you must have been unlucky.
    Barbara

Florida Chatterbox
    We did NOT travel premiair gold, just regular cattle class. I didn't say anything about prermiair gold except that it was £110 extra IF we had taken it up.. Its a different world. You'll be fine. Like I said the plane was on time, and you get to use different loos to us cheapo peasants.

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Nicki, the PG service is fine, I thought it was better than PE with Virgin on the man-mco route to be honest.
    CDV

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    Nicki, the PG service is fine, I thought it was better than PE with Virgin on the man-mco route to be honest.
    [/quote]

I agree as well.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham