Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: hotels

Florida Savvy

hotels

We will be staying at Hampton Lakes in Jan 08
    and are planning our first visit to Busch, we have decided to stay overnight to maximise time there
    Dont know if cheap and cheerfull hotel would be best or maybe somthing really nice with beach front
    Has anybody done somthing simaler ? What are prices like ? Anybody stayed in an hotel nearby ? Will I find hotel for 1 night ? Do I book before I go or just turn up

cheers

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have always gone there in back on the same day. It took us less than 75 mins last time each way from Kissimmeee. It is a long day but we prefer to stop in our own beds rather than in a hotel.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Maisy if you're at Hampton Lakes you're very close to the I4 west and it will take you less than an hour to get there.

There are some motels around the Busch Gardens area but personally I wouldn't want to stay in them.

Jill

Hi

You could combine it with a visit to Clearwater Beach and stay there for 1 night. Clearwater isn't far from Tampa and is lovely and well worth a visit.

Jude
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1964.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi

We will be staying in Kissimmee end of Jan for 3 weeks and are going to go to Busch Gardens. We were thinking of going to Clearwater also and staying maybe over night. Can anyone tell me the distance from Busch Gardens to Clearwater and any advice on where to stay for a night or 2?

Many thanks
    Angela

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Busch usually closes about teatime and as stated I'd probably either commute or travel to Clearwater

Florida Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelaB View Post
    Hi

We will be staying in Kissimmee end of Jan for 3 weeks and are going to go to Busch Gardens. We were thinking of going to Clearwater also and staying maybe over night. Can anyone tell me the distance from Busch Gardens to Clearwater and any advice on where to stay for a night or 2?

Many thanks
    Hi
    Clearwater beach is about 30 mile or 45min depending on traffic. It is a long time since I stayed in a hotel on the beach, but the holiday inn is ok.
    Clearwater can be very cold in January and there is not a whole lot apart from the beach and some fantastic sunsets.

I stayed about 15min north of Busch Gardens at the Hampton Inn, Wesley Chapel about 2 year ago. It was a very good place to stay.
    Also very close to the shops at wiregrass. Worth a look if you are in that neck of the woods.

Busch Gardens from Kissimmee is not that far either.

Florida Expert
    We always do it in a day as it is not a late closing park