Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Base Camp

Florida Savvy

Base Camp

We will be visiting Typhoon lagoon and Blizzard beach, we are going August 2007.

Once we are there I'm pretty sure we will be there for the day.

(Or risk having two angry children if we tried to leave.[msnwink])

So where would the best place in both parks to set up camp ?? Some shade and being close to water are a must.

Also can you hire childrens water vests at the parks? My six year old thinks she's a olympic swimming,I have my doubt's[msnsmile2]. But she won't wear arm bands now as she thinks she's SO big!!!

Thanks for the help

Sue

For me would have to be by the Lagoon as the kids seem to love this the best.

Life vests are available at both parks. From memory I think they were free with a small deposit.
    Jan and Lee

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Sue,
    We visited Blizzard Beach twice last summer, when entering the park I would head right towards Tikes Peak, this is a lovely sandy area with plenty of covered shaded areas. Tikes Peak itself is probably for younger children than a six year old but just past there you will find the ski training camp. This is a great place for youngsters who are a little braver in the water.
    The first day we went there we went straight to The Lagoon, there were loads of sun loungers although I did find the beds were a little too close for my liking......it was like sharing your bed with a stranger[msnscared]
    Paula

Florida Expert
    In Blizzard Beach Tikes Peak is your best bet.
    The water is warmer and shallower for the little ones and there are lots of things designed for the little ones as well, such as squirters and a couple of small slides.

The floor in the pool here is also bouncy rubber as well.

At Typhoon Lagoon there is also a kiddies area, but personally we usually head for the main beach to the far left of the entrance where the trees provide a lot of shade, there is a small kiddie slide into the main wave pool and you can still take advantage of the wave pool itself at the shallow end. The floor in the wave pool is not so soft though, and you'll find when you are knocked over by the waves (you will be) that the floor is rough on your costumes.

We used to prefer TL but now think Tikes Peak makes BB better.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caitlin
    Hi Sue,
    The first day we went there we went straight to The Lagoon, there were loads of sun loungers although I did find the beds were a little too close for my liking......it was like sharing your bed with a stranger[msnscared]
    [/quote]
    It's ridiculous isn't it Paula, you have to shuffle to the end of the bed to get on and off and then if you're not careful the bed tips up.....talk about sardines[msnwink]

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
    [i]Originally posted by caitlin
    It's ridiculous isn't it Paula, you have to shuffle to the end of the bed to get on and off and then if you're not careful the bed tips up[msnwink]
    Been there done that[msnembarrased]
    Paula

Florida Savvy
    Thanks everyone for all your help[msnsmile2]. It just nice to have a bit of knowledge before you go.Not long now one month and five days and we will be there.[clap][clap][clap]

Thanks again Sue

Florida Newbie
    We went to Blizzard very busy the day we went but still very enjoyable . The flowing creek all around the park is so relaxing.
    Kevin Kelleher