Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Largest Wave Pool in the United States

Florida Chatterbox

Largest Wave Pool in the United States

Typhoon Lagoon is the place! The wave machine keeps the kids amused for hours and it really is fabulous fun. Hold on to younger children though as otherwise the force of the waves can sweep them away. As a result of the wave machine, there are little 'pools' created and these are great fun for the littler ones in the family and you can sunbathe and keep an eye on them while they play close to you.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I get really frightened in the wave pool. The waves are Huge and go right over your head. Even at the edge, they will knock you right over.Hubbie and son love it. I hog the sun bed!!

Julie Carty

Wave pool goes mad! Great fun, although word from the wise, ladies, dont wear a strapless swimming costume in that pool!

Dont expect a leisurely swim at Typhoon Lagoon!

Florida Chatterbox
    Don't wear your sunglasses, you will lose them and probably find them just as a child treads on them!

It's quite vigorous even as it smashes to the "shore" so I keep hold of my little one's hand but she just laughs and laughs.

Florida Chatterbox
    Also be wary when you fall over at the shallow part as the surface is like coarse sandpaper. Don't think we've had a visit yet when at least one of our family hasn't had a graze to elbow or knee!!

Sandra

Florida Chatterbox
    Looks as though from recently released November park hours that Typhoon Lagoon is closed for refurb for the whole of November.

Florida Chatterbox
    Annual close down apparently starts October 27th.

Florida Expert
    I'm always the one in our family with the grazes from that hard surface - I wonder why they didn't go for something a bit more like that stuff they have in playgrounds. Since the rest of my family are always out in the deep waves they never get hurt so perhaps that's the answer but there's no way I'm going out in that tidal wave.

Angela

Gold 5 Star Member
    Yes, total agreement, Angela, my family, out in the deep end with the big waves, also told me I was more likely to get hurt in the shallow end and they were right. I lost my sunglasses and grazed my knees. They got off scott free. Still wont catch me down there though. As soon as I hear the boom, I swim for it ( going in the opposite direction to the crowd!!)

Julie Carty

Edited by - esprit on 17/09/2002 16:41:17

Florida Chatterbox
    wheres the best water park in orlando. I have only been to wet n wild. none of the disney park[:0][:0][:0]
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/298.aspx