Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: What to do in orlando

What to do in orlando

Hi all, newbie here! great site by the way!

iam off to florida next september(08) for 2 weeks,2 adults 2 children ages 12 and 5 (by the time we get there) we are a bit unsure as to what tickets to buy and for what themeparks! we are leaving on the monday 15th, we plan to travel to jacksonville to visit my relatives there on the friday and stay until the monday we dont want 2 weeks of theme park trips we want to go shopping and visit places we were going to buy 7 day or 5 day pass for the parks but unsure which ones are best for us! we are staying at the all star sports hotel in disney resort any information would be of great help, the kids are really excited and watched all the dvds and stuff and we all cannot wait to go! but were do we start.

Many thanks

mark

Gold 5 Star Member
    hi Mark welcome to the forum

if you could draft a rough itinerary then you would have an idea of how many days you may possibly need tickets for

i wouldn't try to cram in everything and it's very tempting to buy tickets for everything only to find you haven't had full value from them

also i would highly recommend the park tickets website linked to this forum [msnsmile]

Mizzy

Mark,
    with the number of full days available to you after visiting your folks, if i was in your shoes, i would go for one of the special offers that are available from the www.park-tickets.com site above. In particular i would go for the

Disney 4 Day Magic Your Way Water Park Fun & More, 14 Day Expiration free upgrade to 5 day ticket Online Only

ie 5 days for the price of 4, so you can do all 4 of the disney theme parks and then pick a favorite to go back to with the extra day.

This gives 5 days at disney, plus 4 days of waterparks/fun so on the days when you don't go to one of the main disney theme parks, you could go to one of their swimming parks (blizzard beach / typhoon lagoon) in the morning and then spend the afternoon shopping. This ticket also allows 1 entry to the Disney Quest entertainment complex at downtown disney that you could use one evening.

The only proviso with the ticket is that you cannot park hop, ie go into magic kingdom in the morning and the epcot in the afternoon. But if this is your first time to Disney then you'll be spending all day in one park anyway.

Of course this will require another trip back to Florida in the future to cover Universal/Sea World etc etc [msnsmile2]
    Wilf & Sarah

Thanks for the advice guys, i'll do itenary as we dont want to cram all the park trips into 1 week, weve heard about spectramania at night and would like to see this but i cant see it mentioned anytwhere, i'll continue to browse the forums though as it seems packed with loads of good stuff

thanks again

Mark

Mark,
    spectromagic is the evening disney parade at Magic Kingdom. For the time of year that you are going, judging by this year's calendar for september, they only do this parade on Saturday Evenings.
    Wilf & Sarah

Florida Savvy
    Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum. You'll have to let us know what Jacksonville is like. I believe they have the Budweiser brewery up there which do tours......ahhhhhh b-e-e-r[msntongue]
    Clayton, Pippa & Heather

Florida Chatterbox
    I would always go for the Park Hopper but the ticket Wilfy mentioned seems a good deal.The water parks are a must your children will love them,it is a great day out have fun planning your trip.

Debbie
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2016.aspx