Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair straighteners

Florida Chatterbox

Hair straighteners

Its a silly question but will my daughter's hair straighteners work in Florida. They are soooo important you know!! Marti

It depends whether they are dual voltage, mine don't - they take ages to heat up and then don't get realy hot. You can however buy them in the supermarkets over there quite reasonably. Some villa owners do supply them, we leave a set of straighteners for guests to use as I know my daughter can't live without hers!!! However much I straighten mine in Florida it's back to curly when I get hot so I've given up for all buy special occasions[msnsmile2]
    Caroline & Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    Like Caroline mine do work - but not as well!

If it's important to you daughter it might be worth finding out if you accommodation offers straighteners (some villa owners may provide them) - otherwise they are very cheap to buy.

Carole

Gold 5 Star Member
    My daughter could not live without hers either, so we bought some for $14 at a Walgreens...they are FANTASTIC!! Her words not mine!! She has GHD at home (we all know how much they are ) and according to her the ones from walgreens are as good if not better We do know that $14 is currently around £7 ...gulp!! My advice would be to buy, if they are not already in the villa you are going to[msnwink]

My GHD's work but take a touch longer to warm up[msnwink]

Florida Chatterbox
    I had the same problem. I took some straighteners with me but they did not work very well so I bought a set in Walmart and have left them in the villa for people to use....us girls don't want bad hair days on our hols[msnwink]

Julie

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks for all replies, Might buy them out there especially as we have found out that our luggage allowance is a ridiculous 15kg! Marti

Gold 5 Star Member
    We went in July/August last year and although we have straightners in the villa I only used them once. As it was quite humid I ended up looking like a adult brunette version of Shirley Temple after 10 minutes outside anyway.
    Paula

Florida Chatterbox
    As has already been said they are very cheap to buy, dont worry with the heat it wont stay straight for long.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Mine don't work over in the US, they just don't get warm. Although, I believe the GHD do work. I have some at our villa for our guests but they still don't get as hot as mine at home
    Jan&Steve