Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Restless Night

Having driven in Florida for the first time last November and being terrified at the thought as I really hate driving anyway. I have to say it was SOOOOOOOO easy. There are no roundabouts to worry about, when you turn left, just make sure you go the other side of the barrier (sounds obvious, but some of the roads are so wide!) If you are unsure of where you are going, then you can also hire a SAT NAV through this site.
    Have a great time
    Shirley

i would also advise a bigger car, we hired an intermediate the first time we went (2 adults 2 kids).
    we took a case each and had to put one on the back seat with the kids and their hand luggage.[msnsad]
    if its your first trip you will almost certainly come back with far more luggage than you went with.[msncool][msnwink]

Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    re car.

I nearly always get an I4.

As you are with virgin-you can do the downtown disney check in from 8am till 1pm and get rid of all your extra luggage that way.
    Orlandobabe

Florida Savvy
    THANK YOU ALL[msnsmile2][msnsmile2].

You have really helped and I feel a lot more relaxed about the whole thing.[msnwink]

Sue

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi,

P.E is worth every penny in my view. We have flown PE to both the carribean and Florida on Virgin, one time old plane the other time a new one. Both great and make the journey so much more relaxing and easy, first on and first off the plane helps with getting through immigration and priority luggage means that you clear customs before the rush.

I have flown virgin upper class a number of times with work and for me the difference between economy and PE is bigger than PE and UC, you get the important benefits at a fraction of the cost. That said the Virgin lounge at Heathrow is a holidy in itself

have a great time

Sue,

Please don't worry. I've never had a bad Virgin flight P.E. is so worth it!

If I can drive over there anyone can. Just take your time. You can always hire seats and a sat nav if you choose. In America everything has been thought of so if you get a car you don't like go back to the desk and you can upgrade no hassle.

I'm sure your villa will be great - make sure you don't wear yourself out worrying about trying to do every park. It's impossible. If you are planning on visiting a park everyday I suggest you have a day such as Disney followed by a water park that way you can at least sit down and chill. Sea World is great - although you have the usual walking and queing for a couple of rides there's a fabulous shows to sit down and rest!

With regards to lost children - when my middle daughter was six I lost her in main street Disney just as the parade was about to start. The staff were fantastic. All you do is approach any member of staff and they are immediately on their walkie talkies allerting security. Laura was back with us in no time - but I did go and buy a wrist strap so that it couldn't happen again, and as already suggested point out meeting places as you go around the park.

Please don't worry - now go and have a sleep!! Elaine

Florida Expert
    Hi Sue, hope your feeling much better now. Everyone is so good on the site and are very willing to help. Hope you had a look at that site I sent you about busy days in Florida parks.
    Sleep well
    x [msnsmile2]
    Nikki D

Florida Expert
    Stop worrying Sue! You will have a fantastic time - PE well worth it, you can up grade the car there if you feel you need to - and everything elsie well just let it happen! Look forward to reading your trip report.
    Joyce
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1917.aspx

I have been looking for a flight in Sept with Virgin and was quoted PE and Economy. I asked them if the PE seats would be upgraded to the PE ones they use on the London service. They told me they were to be done later in the year (So might be done by the time you go). Even so the PE is not too bad. If you can get in the upper deck it helps as it is quiet.

I would upgrade the car to the biggest you can afford. It is worth it when taking the luggage from the airport.

There are many great villas out there, they will be 100 times better than a cramped hotel room.

Have a great holiday.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

Florida Savvy
    My parents flew virgin PE last summer when they came out to visit us - they thought it was worth every penny.
    Maz