Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epcot via Boardwalk.

Florida Junior

Epcot via Boardwalk.

Hi

Wonder if anyone could let me know if it is possible to enter Epcot from The Boardwalk entrance if you are not resident at the boardwalk. My wife and I love going to the boardwalk for breakfast and were then wanting to go into Epcot for the rest of the day.
    Does that entrance have pay stations?

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Chris you can walk around the lake to the Epcot entrance, or you can take the motor launch, which will also stop at the swan and dolphin, and the beach and yaught club, you do not have to be hotel guests. We went to the park in the morning, had a late lunch at the Brewhouse on the boardwalk and then had a realxing walk around the boardwalk, before heading back to Epcot in the evening.
    CERI

Florida Junior
    Thanks for the quick reply!!

We really want to start at The Boardwalk for breakfast and then walk into Epcot.Can we buy a ticket at that entrance or do we have to go via the "Front" entrance?

Thanks Chris

Gold 5 Star Member
    Chris

We often go down to the Boardwalk and have watched the Epcot fireworks from close to the entrance you refer to.

I can't be 100% sure - but I'm fairly certain there is no pay booth there. That would make sense as the Boardwalk isn't well known - we have found even seasoned travellers to the area don't know about it! I think the entrance to Epcot is mainly used by Disney hotel guests who would already have their passes.

Carole

Gold 5 Star Member
    Interesting question Chris? I am not sure how much they have tightened security at the entrance to the Broadwalk. You do have to say whether you are visiting the Broadwalk or staying (you would have a parking pass for that), so if you car was there ALL as you had popped into Epcot, not sure if you would find that there was a parking penelty on it or not? As you wouldn't have paid to park.
    Do you know, I have been into that entrance many many times (we have previously stayed at the Broadwalk, but I cannot remember if there is a pay station for the park itself? My feeling is "NO", you would have to have your ticket already.

Gold 5 Star Member
    we recently (march 07) went from Epcot to the boardwalk and back again and they had gate ticket machines (where you insert your ticket and finger scan) via this entrance, they also had security checking bags and cast members on hand for assistance but to answer this question the answer is NO, there was no facility to buy a ticket at this entrance

Mizzy

Florida Expert
    When we went in August last year - there were ticket booths because we were looking to upgrade our ticket and we were speaking to one of the cast members there.

Perhaps they have taken these away since we went and Mizzy's trip in March.

Michelle

There are definitely ticket booths where you can buy your Disney tickets when arriving from Boardwalk.
    Glenda and Geoff

Florida Chatterbox
    We went to the boardwalk for the first time this Easter, they had signs as you entered the car park advising that you could not park there if going to the parks. Don't know what they would do if you did or how they would know though.

Jane

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridageoff
    There are definitely ticket booths where you can buy your Disney tickets when arriving from Boardwalk.
    [/quote]

have double checked my earlier info with other half and he said that he did not notice a place to buy tickets on entering from the boardwalk either

he can remember what i can, the barriers you place ticket and scan fingers and the security for bags, if there were ticket booths then they where not very evident

perhaps someone out there at the moment will come back with a reply

Mizzy