Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weddings in Florida

Florida Chatterbox

Weddings in Florida

Hi,

I'm looking for help and advice on weddings in Florida, our daughter and her fiance intend tieing the knot next August and are really keen to do so in Florida.

We have an appointment to see how Disney make the day special, but they are leaning towards a wedding on the coast.

Has anyone any suggestions for and experience of weddings in Florida?

Thanks

Neil & Debbie
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2016.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Neil and Debbie, quite a few people on the forums have been married in Florida. Sharon G, Alan and Jude, Daniel and Kaye, and Caroline. They will be able to give you more info.
    Barbara

Gold 5 Star Member
    If you click on search and type in weddings there are loads of topics.
    Have a great time planning.
    Paula

I got married at Sarasota

We hired a boat for our guests and the captain married us.

very reasonably priced so had extra money to stay at the ritz at sarasota.

Go back every year since (only 2!!) just to reminisce

E-mail me if you want further details

Michele

Florida Expert
    We had guests in our house who got married in The Litle White Wedding Chapel on the 192 and then went for a meal came back to the clubhouse for a relax and swim in the community pool.They loved it

18 of them spread across 2 houses

Florida Savvy
    Hi there,

We are getting married in the Buena Vista Palace Hotel in Dowtown Disney area next year and are using a company called [name edited] based here in the UK. They are very professional and very very helpful. Mark and his team will tailor your package to completely suite your needs.

We looked at lots and lots of sites (including Disney Weddings....Toooo expensive for what you get!) and these are by the best service we have found. They maybe a tad more expensive (not by much) but I'd rather have that peace of mind....and they certainly give you that.

Check them out here: [website link edited]

Good luck with your plans. [msnwink]
    Clayton, Pippa & Heather

Florida Expert
    We got married on Cocoa Beach - it was so simple.
    I emailed a few companies doing weddings and found a lovely lady Reverend. She organised everything for us. We requested steel drums - not something in her standard packages so she sourced one for us.
    We had a lovely day and I would not change a thing about it
    Ana
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1480.aspx

Florida Newbie
    Website for the central florida wedding chapel [website link edited]

Florida Junior
    we got married in celebration hotel two years ago and it was lovely...we had 40 guests come over with us!!

if you choose a location you will usually get a wedding planner in with the cost of the wedding and they are really helpful. they will recommend suppliers for flowers / cake / official etc then they will contact them to make sure everything ties up.

if you have any questions i would be please to try and help!

Gold 5 Star Member
    it is so simple to organise yourself. The licence is obtained at Kissimmee courthouse and you just hire your notary and choose a venue.
    Local florists will do your flowers and Publix your cake. If you are having 2 weeks-you can get married at the end of first week-and have time to buy your dreess etc there and save many £££££.

Our daughter got married at Mt Dora-chose a local photographer and notary-and we had a wonderful wonderful day in full on sunshine and it cost next to nothing.
    Orlandobabe