Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: towels!

Florida Newbie

towels!

This may well be a silly question but while attending a water park is it necessary to have a towel( I am assuming there is a certain amount of water around and it is inevitable that our younger boy will get very wet If towels are required do you bring your own or can you get/hire towels at the various water parks?
    TIA

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    You will defineately need a towel, you can either hire them or bring your own.
    Christine

Gold 5 Star Member
    We don't like our guests to take our (very expensive!) home towels to water parks as they inevitably get lost or left behind and, as hiring towels at a water park costs a minimal amount, this is what we advise them to do. It also saves them having to carry around wet towels as well as having to do some washing and drying - you just hand your rented wet towels back in on your way out of the water park.
    blott

Florida Newbie
    Hiring the towels sounds like a very good idea. As I am on a roll of asking obvious questions, what is the most appropriate attire for water parks. Something like beach shorts and rash shirts I assume! Can I take it that there are lots of changing areas so you can get out of your wet gear at the end of the day and not have to sit in them on your car journey home?

Super Moderator
    The water parks are great fun for all the family, but do remember to have plenty of sunscreen lotion. There are large changing areas and lockers, towels and life vests for children are available for hire. Hiring towels is great as someone else gets the job of washing the towels.

Gold 5 Star Member
    All the water parks have changing rooms, so no need to go home in wet swimming gear. I think all the water parks also have showers too.

We tend to arrive in shorts and T-shirts (with cossies underneath), enjoy our day there then shower, wash hair and wander off out for the evening. All we need to take home are our cossies as we always hire towels to save washing [msnwink].

Rosie

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    You will find the hire of towels is so much better than taking your own. And the charge for the hire is minimal, you can also hire lockers as well.

You can go in the usual beach wear, shorts, t-shirt etc, and have you bathing suire on underneath, with a small bag with a change of underwear[msnembarrased] etc. It would then be a good idea to take a carrier bag scrunched up in your bag, so you can put your wet cossie in afterwards.

Then all you need to need do is shower change and go out for meal etc, if you are not to exhausted from the exhilarating day.
    CERI

Florida Expert
    hi,

All other replies did not mention water shoes as I have found and my family have too is walking in your bare feet round the water parks is like walking on sand paper all day. Your little one will need them for sure. I will be buying a pair for myself too before we go back.
    Nikki D

Florida Expert
    We found the beach shoes a must, especially in the hotter weather, we were jumping around like frogs last time we went, the ques for most of the rides in the water parks are very long and not too much shade, these will definately be on my list for essentials when we go in July[msnsmile2]
    vicky

Florida Expert
    Im so glad you agree that these shoes are a must Vicky. We went to cypress gardens last year and I put my shoes in the lockers and boy was I sorry the floor was so hot and ruff on my poor feet.
    When my mum first bought her villa I used to wear socks in the pool as it was very ruff.[msnembarrased]
    We prob looked a right site. Thankfully it has settled down now.
    Nikki D