Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Applying for US Marriage Licence via post help

Florida Savvy

Applying for US Marriage Licence via post help

Hi all,

Has anyone applied for their US marriage licence via the internet/post as I see you can do this now?

If so can you tell us what is required and how long it roughly takes to come through and at what point you can apply for it?

Cheers - Clayton

Clayton, Pippa & Heather

Florida Chatterbox
    We did not bother applying for our licence before we went to Orlando to get married.

We went to the courthouse 3 days before the wedding and got it in downtown Orlando.

It is very easy and straightforward to get your licence from the courthouse, it only took a couple of hours and that included driving there and back.

Good luck with the wedding :-)

[msnsmile2]
    Caz

Florida Junior
    we got ours at the courthouse too, a week before we got married there. it is very easy like ccollins says and it's a nice area to look around as well!!!

we thought it was only going to take 10 minutes though but the same office is used for everything i think....driving licences etc.... we had to wait about an hour to be seen then it only 5 minutes...you just have to fill out some forms and remember to take your passports for id. then you have to do the "do you swear by almighty god" thing and all done!! they give you the bit of paper which you give to your vicar/priest/whatever and then he does the rest.

we received two copies of our marriage certificate after we got back off the holiday. i rang to register it in england but they told me i didn't really have to bother!!!

let me know if i can help with any more questions!

Florida Expert
    Hi Clayton,

As stated it is very easy to get your licence,my daughter got married in Florida and the morning of the wedding they went to the Courthouse in Historic Kissimmee,got there about 08.30 and had the licence in there hot little hands an hour later.

The wedding took place at 2.30 pm .

We all flew out on Oct 8 late flight arrived Saturday night about 11.30 pm ,Courthouse closed on Sunday so they really cut it fine as the wedding was organised for 2.30pm on the 10 Oct,hope everything goes as smooth for you.

Sheena.
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/40.aspx

When my son got married last year we took them to a court office in Clermont (closest to our villa) to get their licence. It was really strange as the office was in a small strip mall next door to a real estate agents and a printers. We rang ahead for an appointment but were told just to turn up but not to come at lunchtime as they close for an hour. There were people applying for passports and various other licenses but the staff were very friendly and efficient so it didn't take long at all.
    Julie

Florida Savvy
    Hi - Thanks for the replies.

I should have mentioned that I have been married in Florida before (long story and not my fault!) and have been down to city hall and applied for it that way. It took about an hour or so as already mentioned.

This time I wanted to maybe do it via the net to give us more time over there and not use up half a day going down to Orlando City etc..

And no... I'm not getting married at the same place and yes the wife to be is ok with Florida!!!! [msntongue]
    She has fallen in love with it as much as I have.

Clayton
    Clayton, Pippa & Heather

Florida Expert
    Hello Clayton,
    My daughter was married at St. Pete Beach back in 1999. At that time both parties had to go to the courthouse in person and could not apply for the licence by post. I don't know if this has changed or not. I would think that you could go to a nearer courthouse than Orlando. If you are staying in a villa Kissimmee would be nearer.

Mike and Kath.

Florida Chatterbox
    We went to the court house for our licence, took about 1 hour and then got married the next day, our original was then posted back to us in the UK in about a month.

Florida Chatterbox
    My son is getting married in June. He went through a wedding site in Florida and applied for a licence via the net. He sent copies of their passports and had to see a Notary here and send that off. Its now in Florida waiting for him. Marti