Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: When do you pack the cases?

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • A week before you go, all done.

22 11.70%
  • Gradually put out ready to pack.

68 36.17%
  • Pack everything the 2 days before you go.

53 28.19%
  • Throw everything in the cases and rush out the door.

21 11.17%
  • Do you have a list and follow it?

18 9.57%
  • Always forget something, but buy when in Florida

6 3.19%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: When do you pack the cases?

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    I generally pack the day before we go!! and then buy anything I have forgotten when we get there.

Up to now that list includes (but is not limited to!!)..

Swimming costume
    Shower gel
    shampoo
    jumper/cardigan
    shorts!!
    sunglasses
    PJ's

Frances

I take so little luggage on our visit to Florida most of whst we need is already there, plus it's a good excuse to go shopping.[msnsmile2]
    Barbara

Florida Expert
    For this trip I packed the weekend before we came as I had to organise the family to leave as soon as school finished. This way I can stop my teenage daughter's wearing something they 'must' take.

Florida Expert
    I start packing 2 weeks before in the spare room I try on all my summer clothes and put back what doesnt fit. I pack for me and the baby then hubbie packs his own (the night before)though he is better at packing than me. With approx 3 days to go I try to shut the cases and when they dont fit I take about 1/2 the stuff out but leave most of the babys stuff in. Now she is bigger we might be able to share a case. We always come back to UK with 1 massive roller bag more than we went with we have spare suitcases in 1 of our closets over there. We also split the clothes up between all the cases just in case. Our hand luggage is alot more than it used to be nowadays I blame the baby and not the mum and dad
    Berni Deno and Maya
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1997.aspx

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    On our last trip at Easter, I actually packed the morning we were due to fly take off 9.30

As I tend to always pack the same things all the time, and this trip was only for 5 days over Easter weekend.
    CERI

Florida Junior
    I left my husband with 1 item to pack, his Electric Shaver (as he needed it in the morning), and he still managed to leave the plug/lead at home and had the cheek to ask 'didn't you pack it'

Colleen

Super Moderator
    Colleen that sounds right. 'Head' and 'screwed on' comes to mind when my other half does his own packing.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I always use the list from the last holiday to make a list for the current holiday. I start getting things ready weeks before and have things in and out of the cases so many times most people think I'm nuts. However I am a bit of a control freak, I do all the packing, I pack the cases, weigh them, then start over to distribute the weight better. As strange as this may seem I enjoy it and it is all part of looking forward to my vacation.
    Lyn

Usually have everything washed an ironed a couple of days before, and pack the night before !

I get the things washed and dry and put them in one room with the cases ,Then 2 days before we go pack and if we have forgotten anything buy it in Florida as you would
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx