Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: When do you pack the cases?

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • A week before you go, all done.

22 11.70%
  • Gradually put out ready to pack.

68 36.17%
  • Pack everything the 2 days before you go.

53 28.19%
  • Throw everything in the cases and rush out the door.

21 11.17%
  • Do you have a list and follow it?

18 9.57%
  • Always forget something, but buy when in Florida

6 3.19%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: When do you pack the cases?

Gold 5 Star Member
    I put the cases in the spare room about a week before we go and gradually add.

If I did it any earlier I would forget what I had put in!

Would love to be ultra organised and have everything packed in advance, but don't have enough clothes and am always washing and ironing down to the last hour for the 5 of us.

It was a lot easier to pack when the kids were young and I packed for them. My now teenage girls are totally disorganised despite nagging and items always appear in the wash the night before that they require!

Florida Expert
    I'm a real last minute merchant and do get some things ready but always pack the night before,otherwise i tend to forget what i've packed
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1497.aspx
    sharon

Gold 5 Star Member
    We're lucky that most of our stuff is already in Florida so it's only the odd bits and bobs and new purchases that need to be packed - we normally just have one suitcase between two of us that weighs around 18 kg. We usually get some strange looks from check in staff who wonder where the rest of our luggage is hiding!

As for packing the one suitcase, that's the night before - it usually takes about 30 mins to assemble the things and pack them. I always do the packing.
    blott

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CCollins
    Mine does that's for sure.

I fondly remember one trip where we had both had a little too much to drink - and my DH went and UNPAKCED my suitcase the night before we flew!!![msnmad][msnmad][msnmad][msnmad]

I still don't know what he was thinking!!!
    [/quote]

NIGHTMARE !!!![msneek][msneek]

Florida Newbie
    once made mistake of giving husband some responsibily he was already off work so said he would pack, just a weekend away how hard could it be

came home quick shower, change and into car, arrived and found that he had packed about a weeks worth of clothes each but no underwear, but we had fishing rods.

Oh thanks dear they will really help!

I now always pack for me and kids and he packs for self

sharon

Florida Chatterbox
    I hate packing so I normally leave it to the last moment.
    I then have to try all my clothes on before packing, in case I have put too much weight on and they don't fit me anymore.

I have lot's of clothes in my owners cupboard in Florida but I still have to have a full suitcase with me. I do envy people who can travel LIGHT!

Florida Expert
    I have to say Im a little sad when I come to packing. I have two months to go and I already have things ironed in the wardrobe waiting to go in the case. I have all my bits and bobs in already and never forget to put in a pair of ear planes in for my daughter. Lucy used to suffer terribe on the plane but I seen these and Lucy tried them. We would never go without them again. If anyone does suffer with their ears when flying, give them a go, they really helped my daughter.
    Nikki D

Gold 5 Star Member
    Great tip Nikki, I have never suffered from that problem thankfully, but I have seen some poor children in tears with the pain

Gold 5 Star Member
    Haven't packed a thing yet [msnscared] and only 2 sleeps to go!!!
    Julie

Florida Expert
    I would not be able to sleep if that was me Julie. My case is normally behind the front door with just two sleeps to go.Hope you have a fantastic time. I will be looking out for your full report the moment you return.
    x
    Nikki D